Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

WRSport pricing advice please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2008, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

WRSport pricing advice please.

Hi guys, i'm looking to put my MY00 WRSport on the market, however I have no idea about what sort of price to start at.

Guess I should say a little more about the car so you guys can help. As posted it's a 'Y' reg MY00 WRSport, it's Mica red, it's covered 72,000 miles, it's taxed and MOT'ed till August '08. The service history is till 56,000 miles and from there I have serviced it myself.

For those who are not sure what a WRSport is i'll explain, The car is a MY00 Subaru Impreza World Rally Prodrive Edition. These cars were built to order by Prodrive, to the very similar spec as the rather rare RB5 WR. Basically the car is a UK Turbo Impreza that was taken direct to Prodrive from the production line. It was then fitted with ALL of the Prodrive Extras including the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP), Prodrive Handling Pack, Prodrive Styling Pack and the Prodrive Interior Pack. I have the WR Certificate to prove this is indeed a WR plus the car has all of the original Internal and External 'WR' Badging.

Prodrive Performance Pack - In standard form the PPP Impreza boosts power from standard UK output of 217bhp and 219 ft/lb torque to 240bhp & 255 ft/lb torque. The PPP consists of a revised ECU, improved Intercooler Pipework and uprated Exhaust. However as previously mentioned the WRSport also has the following fitted to it:

Prodrive Handling Pack - Prodrive Quickshift, Prodrive/Sti stamped suspension consisting of Eibach Springs and Bilstein Dampers.

Prodrive External Pack - Colour Coded Skirts and Mirrors, 17 inch Gold PD7 Speedline Alloys shod with Yokohama Parada rubber, PIAA Driving Lamps, Exclusive 'WR' Prodrive Rear Wing.

Prodrive Interior Pack - Momo Gear Knob, Arista Electric Recaro 'Sport' Seats with Lumbar support and full complimenting door cards etc, Prodrive Mats.

On top of all the Prodrive mods there are few other subtle mods, and these are as follows:

Crystal pack lights (Front & side indicators and side lights).
Green Panel Filter.
Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads.
Twin A-Pillar Mount with Autometer Phantom Boost and AFR Gauges.
Kenwood Stereo with 10 disk multichanger.
Samco Turbo Hoses.
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines with front drilled and groved discs.
Whiteline Uprated rear Drop Links.
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit.

Thanks for any advice provided in advance....

Stormmy
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2008, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
The mods wont really affect the price the prodrive extras will however impreza prices at the mo are all over the place i were looking at sellin mine this yr for maybe 6500-7k ish but i dont think its gonna happen an i aint sellin it for less so as it stands looks like im keepin it-ive seen some really cheap imprezas lately though.

for instance http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk..._mileage=60000
Old 15 Feb 2008, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Hi Chris - so you looking to sell the WRS then. This car is a lovely rare UK Spec Impreza. This was my old motor and in the 18 months I owner her not a thing went wrong.

I would pitch the car at a price you would accept for it mate. Performance car prices are all over the place at the moment but this is rare model and cannot be included in the same bracket as a UK Turbo. I can add that there was only one WRSport built in 2000 and this is it. It basically proceeded the P1 (this was confirmed by Mike Wood ((I think that was his name)) at Prodrive). A true enthusiast will know what this is and should give you the correct money for it.

Hope everything is good for you and your family mate!

Last edited by Nelson; 15 Feb 2008 at 06:44 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote