Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

How is a Subaru vehicle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2007, 02:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
thast actually very very rare, yours is only the second one i've heard of in the last year
Agree with you tidgy ive had about 6 or 8 mates with scoobys-nones had an alternator go an to be fair repairs like that i just put down to wear and tear......it happens on most cars.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 10:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
thast actually very very rare, yours is only the second one i've heard of in the last year
Mine went too. Subaru garage were none to surprised by it either. And at 200 quid for a re-conditioned one (400 new) i'm hoping it isn't a common fault.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2007, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to jammychap
I got a second hand one from 247spares online for just £50 bargin like new, also had to get a belt cos had a 12" split in it but got one from Motorserv for a fiver sweet.
Old 07 Dec 2007, 12:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Had my classic since May this year, it is pretty much standard, just got a stainless centre decat and rear box and an uprated panel filter, I drive it every day to work and on the school run. It has never let me down ( touch wood !), have had the oil and filter changed in September when it was moted ( passed with no probs ), it is an absolute hoot to drive and I dont drive like Miss Daisy !just let it warm up and cool down as has been said already. Hope this sways you towards buying one and if you already have, welcome to Scooby ownership ( its a blast!! )
Offline   Reply With Quote