Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Subaru Impreza 1.5R hits UK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Subaru Impreza 1.5R hits UK

Quote:
RIVAL: Kia Cee’d 1.6 GS

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...u_impreza.html

Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002pete View Post
Absolutely agrees, for the most part, with my experience of driving this car. I had one for 3 days as a courtesy car when new alternator was fitted. The car is drab, sluggish and feels like what it is; Kia competitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Express
Sitting on an all-new platform with a wider track and lower placed engine, the latest model still has Subaru’s acclaimed handling abilities. There’s more roll in corners, due in part to the taller body shape, but grip is good and the Impreza feels stable.
I beg to differ here though. I found the amount of roll detracted enormously from any sense of stability. I hated driving this car and never felt confident on open roads or when hitting corners. Brakes saw a lot of use.
Old 04 Oct 2007, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote: from uk dave ...

Quote:
New impreza not even that good in the class theyre aimed at

Old 05 Oct 2007, 07:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

spreading their wings hey -- just think of the justy though loved that subaru justy curtosy car
Old 05 Oct 2007, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth View Post
loved that subaru justy curtosy car

I remember your admiration for it.

Old 05 Oct 2007, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

gonna go and havea thrash in one tomorrow just for shits and giggles
Old 11 Oct 2007, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Trying to appeal to a wider section of drivers is one thing - but going down market to this extent is quite another!
Think (regretably) my current scoobie may well be my last cos the new sti is almost as bland looking! Unless they come up with a better sti than next years before i change cars i will be buying an evo next time!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

oops forgot to write it up

well forget all the old impreza history, compare it to the likes of a golf ec and its a good car, comfortable, reasonable poke, handels well etc etc

but quite frankly a road going rally car its not.

if subaru were gonna do this they should have retired the impreza name and renamed this car something else.

and thats about all that can be said, the arse end is awefull, the front end isn't to bad, interior is ok.

it was the 2.0 i drove by the way
Old 11 Oct 2007, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
compare it to the likes of a golf etc and its a good car
I`ll take me chances with a golf thanks mate(an i aint liked any since mk1 and 2`s) lol
Old 11 Oct 2007, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
oops forgot to write it up

well forget all the old impreza history, compare it to the likes of a golf ec and its a good car, comfortable, reasonable poke, handels well etc etc

but quite frankly a road going rally car its not.

if subaru were gonna do this they should have retired the impreza name and renamed this car something else.

and thats about all that can be said, the arse end is awefull, the front end isn't to bad, interior is ok.

Sorry mate, gotta disagree on the Golf comparison. Golfs are decent motors and look OK. I'd happily take one as a courtesy car. The New Impreza which i drove for 3 days, is a woeful vehicle. And the interior! Even worse than an Evo's. And that is saying something.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I agree i have just received a promotional flyer from subaru this morning about the new car and how it 'sticks to the road' which is all well and good but what about the x factor of the old car? Gone forever im afraid! This car and the new wrx/sti are imprezas that have been castrated for no other reason than to appeal to families, which of course they wont! The standard car will appeal to the over 60s and the wrx/sti to chavs end of! If the car had to be redesigned what about if it ain't broke dont fix it?

Its worked for the new mini, everything on that car is new yet it still looks and drives like the car before. Thats why im getting a mini cooper s, still turbo, still quick better built and better residuals! Sorry subaru but you have just lost a customer for life. Sorry about that rant over just this car gets me so annoyed, going to have a lie down now.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx2005 View Post
This car and the new wrx/sti are imprezas that have been castrated for no other reason than to appeal to families, which of course they wont! The standard car will appeal to the over 60s and the wrx/sti to chavs end of!

They are selling very well here. At least there are a lot of them on the roads The 1.5 is very popular with young couples and young families actually. It is a very cheap car. The WRX (not WRX here can't remember what it's called.) is also doing pretty well.

If sales here are i anything to go by, the Impreza designers will be clapping themselves on the back.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 11:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
They are selling very well here. At least there are a lot of them on the roads The 1.5 is very popular with young couples and young families actually. It is a very cheap car. The WRX (not WRX here can't remember what it's called.) is also doing pretty well.

If sales here are i anything to go by, the Impreza designers will be clapping themselves on the back.
Of course this is exactly what subaru want to do, appeal to young couples and families it maybe cheap over in japan but not here in the uk where they start from £12,300 upwards. Thats not including road tax.

Same goes for the WRX because again it would be cheaper. Im sorry but there are better built and equipped cars availible here in the uk for the same price as a basic new impreza. As many of the car magazines have stated over here the new impreza is similar to cars that were coming from korea/japan ten years ago. Subaru needs to move with the times or they are not going to sell many cars in europe at all as people here expect better quality. RIP Impreza 1994-2007