Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

what do the auto 96 wrx wagons go like

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2007, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

what do the auto 96 wrx wagons go like

hi everyone currently own one of the best wrx wagon reps a 2ltr sport white with full graphics etc anywhoo looking at swapping for a 96 wrx wagon blue needs a few cosmetics sorting but has 65,000 confirmed mileage but its an auto can any one tell me what an auto is like ..is it slower does the dump valve sound ok etc.. thanx in advance scoobie virgin....
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobie virgin View Post
hi everyone currently own one of the best wrx wagon reps a 2ltr sport white with full graphics etc anywhoo looking at swapping for a 96 wrx wagon blue needs a few cosmetics sorting but has 65,000 confirmed mileage but its an auto can any one tell me what an auto is like ..is it slower does the dump valve sound ok etc.. thanx in advance scoobie virgin....

Hi there.

Im currently driving a '96 auto wagon. It is slower than a manual, but that is to be expected. 0-60 time is pretty horrendous on mine at well over 7 seconds thanks to the lack of a clutch and turbo lag, but once it gets over 3000 rpm and the turbo is up and running there isnt a lot in it tbh. I drive with friends who have Evos and Skyline GTR's and they are quicker but i don't embaress myself. Mine has a few minor engine and suspension mods which make a diffeence.

For the price (they go for about 1000 quid over here) it is a hell of a car and even in auto form has more than enough to see off most other cars on the road. I am however looking at cars at the moment. The lack of a manual box is really beginning to get me down so im looking for either an Sti VI wagon (found a beauty) or an Evo VII. If you can do without a manual box then definitely go for it, but give it some serious thought.
Offline   Reply With Quote