Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Track Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2007, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Nice to see someone having some great fun and safely, lol even if it has killed a set of tyres..

What did you think of Bedford, have heard some good things, especially as it has those wide run offs..!

I'm considering doing my first track day there..

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you (track and not running costs that is..)..?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2007, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK300 Lee View Post
Dam was what i said when i got charged 437 for new tires, they are p-zero's though. Also done 4 tanks of petrol and only done 203 miles total, people were telling me i was getting lots of 2 foot flames coming out of the exhaust, and i aint got a flame kit
I have just come to replace the P-Zero's that I've had on my car in two years and I have hated each and every time I've had to use the car. I didnt ever feel that the tyres gave enough grip as to what the car required. They got worse as time went on and in the wet they where very dicy I found and feel. The car felt like it was sliding rather than going around corners. Going fast over roundabouts normally felt like I was sliding my way across them!! Understeer was terrible

However I have just forked out 500 on a set of Yokohama Prada 2 tyres and these are meant to be the dogs.. I will soon see if I feel they are better than the P-Zero's I've just replaced. Just waiting for the local tyre center to get them instock so I can go and have them fitted

I'll let you know how these go If I aint happy, I'm going to try the Goodyear F1's and if I havent tried them before, I'm going for a set of Toyo's All in the aid of finding whats best for the car
Offline   Reply With Quote