Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

No matter how many times ya see em they dont get any better !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2007, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
No matter how many times ya see em they dont get any better !!!

Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2007, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to mickywrx
The new Impreza
It looks like sh1te!

Is what it should say along the side
Old 28 Aug 2007, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

yuk !
Old 29 Aug 2007, 02:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I have the dubious distinction of actually having driven one for 3 days. It is at least as unspectacular to drive as it is to look at. I drove the lowest spec available here in Japan (was a courtesy car from subaru last weekend) and i was being left for dead by NA Kei cars, not the turbo charged mini rockets like the daihatsu opti or suzuki Wagon RR. it had no go whatsoever and really wallowed in the corners. The interior (i took a coupe of pics) was as bland as i have ever seen.

On a positive note it was quiet (probly owing to the unspectacular power output), the aircon worked (unlike mine, the condensors whacked, which sucks when weve been averaging well over 35 degrees everyday in August) and to buy here the low spec version costs a little over 5,000 quid. So in the context of price it aint bad, but i could think of a trillion things id rather spend 1.2 million yen on.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
bc
Fresh Scooby

They start to grow on you when you look at them every day.

Has anyone tried to compare the handling of the 5-door with the new suspension to the previous gen wagon or sedan? Wouldn't the lonegr wheel base with less rear overhang result in a better rally handling design? Power wise, is there really any difference from last year to this year?
Old 31 Aug 2007, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
They`d av been a good car for hyundai or kia to make as theyve got that sort of useless look about them but to go from the hawkeye impreza to that is ............well i just dont get it,havent we got any photoshoppers on here that could sorta squash up a wagon into some sort of hatchback looking contraption-ya know things are desperate when youre comparing to volvo`s however think they got it right,dont like em loads but the right idea if ya know what i mean.

Last edited by uk dave; 31 Aug 2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I'm just going to wait and see what the STI format of things brings... Failing that I aint got a clue what I'd do for a next car...