Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Im going off scoobys....fast!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 May 2007, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
still though neithers running mad bhp in fact lee theres another gone bang aint there your mates wr1, though that was mad bhp but was that your mates fault.........who knows.

yes pauls WR1 was running 418bhp but it didnt make it home before it had blown up how ever he's one mad driver and doesnt care if the car blows up

what had happened is the pistons had expened that much it grab hold of the rings which led to the side of the pistons getting holed it did this on pistons 1 and 2 richard at tracktive cant understand why its done it tho and they have 8 other sti8's running more power and never had any problems

its still there now having the engine rebuilt and will be coming back running around the 500bhp mark
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 11:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Ha ha get him to bring it up 27 lol
Old 09 May 2007, 01:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Not just me then.

Love my WRX but it's already cost me 3,000 quid since september. 1500 of that was to get it through it's MOT. Hasn't broken down on me yet, but it has come close more than once. I'm gutted coz i've wanted one since Secondary school when they first came out, but i know i'm not alone with the number of problems and it has only done 40,000 miles and i never thrash it.

Already decided to change it next April. Were looking at a brand new STi but i've read more than a few horror stories so it's gonna be an Evo, or if i can find reasonably priced ones in good nick, an R34 or an RX7. I'm just not prepared to take the chance or spend the cash on another Subaru.

Shame because i really do like scoobs, and particularly the classics.
Old 09 May 2007, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
Ha ha get him to bring it up 27 lol

to be honest dave it would be a waste of time the turbo is that big u'd be at the other end before it started to do anything

but when it does come in its hold on to ya hats
Old 09 May 2007, 11:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Not just me then.

Love my WRX but it's already cost me 3,000 quid since september. 1500 of that was to get it through it's MOT. Hasn't broken down on me yet, but it has come close more than once. I'm gutted coz i've wanted one since Secondary school when they first came out, but i know i'm not alone with the number of problems and it has only done 40,000 miles and i never thrash it.

Already decided to change it next April. Were looking at a brand new STi but i've read more than a few horror stories so it's gonna be an Evo, or if i can find reasonably priced ones in good nick, an R34 or an RX7. I'm just not prepared to take the chance or spend the cash on another Subaru.

Shame because i really do like scoobs, and particularly the classics.
I don't know whether you have looked into the RX7's but do a lot of reading up on them mate if you are seriously thinking about one. A good friend of mine had one and whilst it is a hell of a car - the definite rebuild at 30-40K is something he was not happy with. Unfortunately whilst the Mazda lump is a good powerful engine the Wankel (sp) design means it doesn't have a massive shelf life. He also had BIG problems with the engine being a bit unreliable - so definitely recommend doing some digging before you think about getting one.
Old 12 May 2007, 05:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I really do worry about my car going bang..

The standard engine now has done nearly 97k miles and has just been mapped to 343bhp. Whilst its not huge power and I do drive 'slow' if you like to say, but it does get a boost here and there

I hear so many things, especially from bob, about wasting money on my car because of the amount of money I have poured into it (literally) and whilst I have been ripped off, left right and center (I aint joking - ask bob!!) I love the car and I'd love to keep it, but we'll see what happens over the coming year and see where and what I want to do..

Who knows what £15k or so on a car will buy....
Old 12 May 2007, 06:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R View Post
I really do worry about my car going bang..

The standard engine now has done nearly 97k miles and has just been mapped to 343bhp. Whilst its not huge power and I do drive 'slow' if you like to say, but it does get a boost here and there

I hear so many things, especially from bob, about wasting money on my car because of the amount of money I have poured into it (literally) and whilst I have been ripped off, left right and center (I aint joking - ask bob!!) I love the car and I'd love to keep it, but we'll see what happens over the coming year and see where and what I want to do..

Who knows what 15k or so on a car will buy....
somebody on scoobynet has just got has just got his car back from rcm its a p1 and 550 bhp bullit proof engine, you wont have any worries then, driver errors is a different thing
Old 12 May 2007, 07:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonwheel View Post
yes pauls WR1 was running 418bhp but it didnt make it home before it had blown up how ever he's one mad driver and doesnt care if the car blows up

what had happened is the pistons had expened that much it grab hold of the rings which led to the side of the pistons getting holed it did this on pistons 1 and 2 richard at tracktive cant understand why its done it tho and they have 8 other sti8's running more power and never had any problems

its still there now having the engine rebuilt and will be coming back running around the 500bhp mark
dont know about jdm stis, but uk stis dont like sustaind high speeds, ive got more bhp than the wr1 but i dont do top speed, chris bukler has a wr1 @487bhp but its a modded engine, tractive are good but to say they aint had an engine blow is either a jdm, bull, or not top speed runs, ive had 2 engines "go" due to top speed runs, now i wont do them, a2b thats what they were built for,if you want high speed get a porsche, thats what wrc told me.
Old 20 May 2007, 08:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

update

Rons 06sti gets its new engine this wk under warranty, should be bk on the road wednesday so he`s happy-not sure on whats hapnin with phils 03 sti havent heard from lee(wagonwheel)sure if he reads this he`ll let us know.
Old 20 May 2007, 09:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Glad to hear about the engine being replaced Dave I hope Lee has some good news for us soon
Old 20 May 2007, 09:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Will get some new pics of rons coz the ones ive got are a bit out of date only recent one ive gots not great quality.

Old 20 May 2007, 09:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Looks alot like yours Dave... Shiney as hell!! Nice tho
Old 22 May 2007, 08:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Ron used to have his own valeting business hence its always mint-my car dont really stand out amongst me mates you know phil-we all look after em.Theyre all in simular condition.
Old 22 May 2007, 08:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Well mate, as I'll be working a lot over the next 3 months, there wont be much driving done, so it'll be a case of washing and polishing We'll see how good she gets mate

I hope its good enough
Old 09 Jun 2007, 04:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Just To Put A Spanner In The Works Ive Had Two Evo"s A 99 And A 2001 I Changed To Subaru As I Had Major Probs With Both Evo"s. Reading This I Think I Will Sell Now, Wil Use Girlfriends Rav That Wont Go Bang.and I Have My Bike For The Need For Speed