Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

2008 Wrx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2007, 02:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Whilst it is seriously minging, i believe Subaru are trying to compete with the current popularity of European Hatches here in Japan. The imprezas just don't sell all that well, whilst smaller cars and sporty hatches, in particular the R 32 seem to be selling quite well, especially considering european cars are a good 50% pricier than their japanese counterparts. I hate the thing but i do see some sense in it.
Also the legacy and the forrester both outsell the impreza here with the legacy being probably the most popular estate car in Japan, particularly in twin turbo form. TBH, i would expect it to sell better here in Japan than the previous model. Just my 2 cents.
I'll write a thorough review of the STi and post pics as soon as i the Tokyo motor show arrives in october.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 01:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I totally agree with Subaru's philosophy in trying to counteract the attraction of the Euro hatchacks but what are the designers thinking? It just seems like they haven't tried to encapsulate the unique styling of the original 3/4 versions of Impreza. The new Impreza just looks a cross between a Fabia and a Seat. Still most of the Japanese car designers are falling short in the design stakes at the moment.

That having been said it might turn out to be a beast to drive
Old 31 Aug 2007, 02:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

The first official picture of the WRC: http://home.arcor.de/goep8/indexStudien08.htm

Old 31 Aug 2007, 06:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I dont know about you guys but im seriously considering a honda for my next car, there styling is cutting edge but not kamikasi like subarus current design ethic. I know that you should'nt judge a book by its cover but i would not like to test drive one even if i was offered. So far as im concerned the golden age of the impreza is over and its spirit is dead. Now where did i put that type r brochure?
Old 01 Sep 2007, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Hmmm maybe though dont like the new civic type r`s if im honest, integras are cool though, just hate the shape of the new civics.
Old 01 Sep 2007, 05:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

True, dave there not to everyones taste. I personally prefer the new jdm civic though more than the uk one. Mainly because its a saloon not a hatch,and its more powerful and a better spec than the uk car will ever be.

Im not slagging off the uk workforce here its just that honda always reserve the 'real' type r for there own market. Maybe they think we cannot take the full cream model?

At least this is one company that will never do what subaru has because it knows it would be a massive mistake both for us and for there own country.
Old 03 Sep 2007, 11:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

The type R's are great little cars. I'd have the integra over the civic though, but i'd have either over the new impreza. Only issue with the Type R's is that the engines are a little farty sounding when on song, and you need to push them to get anything out of them. I agree that generally Jap styling is hardly inspiring at the moment, but i am liking the look of the new GTR though.
Old 03 Sep 2007, 04:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I wouldn't call the jdm civic little its still a saloon! Anyway I agree with the gtr although I cannot see it coming here to the uk at least not as cheaply as the civic or evo for that matter.
Old 03 Sep 2007, 07:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx2005 View Post
True, dave there not to everyones taste. I personally prefer the new jdm civic though more than the uk one. Mainly because its a saloon not a hatch,and its more powerful and a better spec than the uk car will ever be.

Im not slagging off the uk workforce here its just that honda always reserve the 'real' type r for there own market. Maybe they think we cannot take the full cream model?

At least this is one company that will never do what subaru has because it knows it would be a massive mistake both for us and for there own country.
Thing is the jdm versions of any jap car are always better-winds me up the uk spec cars are crap performance wise in comparison-what they should do is take a jdm spec car fit rear fogs in the rear lenses and have a dual mph/kph speedo then someone mapping em to the countrys fuel spec(with tweaks ) at the end of the production line an just build the one version of each variant wrx/sti etc etc that`d do me instead of us getting the watered down slower versions.

Last edited by uk dave; 03 Sep 2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04 Sep 2007, 07:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
Thing is the jdm versions of any jap car are always better-winds me up the uk spec cars are crap performance wise in comparison-what they should do is take a jdm spec car fit rear fogs in the rear lenses and have a dual mph/kph speedo then someone mapping em to the countrys fuel spec(with tweaks ) at the end of the production line an just build the one version of each variant wrx/sti etc etc that`d do me instead of us getting the watered down slower versions.
I agree to an extent, but then we here in Japan would lose bragging rights and that just wont do .

Seriously though, would it not be more prudent to produce the cars in a single basic spec rather than faff about with different specs for different countries?

And just to rub salt into your wounds, a brand new Sti here costs around 3,500,000 yen fully specced out. Thats about 50% of the UK spec cars price and youre getting a shabbier deal from whats written here. Summat aint right there me thinks.
Old 06 Oct 2007, 10:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Subaru Australia (WRX)

http://www.subaru.com.au/models/impr...atch/exterior/

Old 08 Oct 2007, 07:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

One of the new WRXs was spotted in Brussels a couple of weeks ago:

...and there's a Sneak Peek at the 2008 (US model 4- & 5-door) Impreza WRX here:
Old 09 Oct 2007, 04:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwagon View Post
...and there's a Sneak Peek at the 2008 (US model 4- & 5-door) Impreza WRX here:
Nice find. Thanks for sharing ...

Old 09 Jan 2008, 09:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby