Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

just been flashed in 30 zone doing under 30mph!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2007, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

just been flashed in 30 zone doing under 30mph!

local camera trap that i'm very aware of, i slowed right down, even had a police car right behind me and had two flashes! the trap is only on one side of the road, a car on the opposite side travelled passed me at same time and must have triggered the camera, but i'm going to be the car on the picture! seeing that i was going less than 30 surely this is picked up by the markings on the road, right? will i still get a letter through the door? or will it be automatically dismissed when the role of film is inspected?cause i know one thing,i aint paying for this one
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

No should not as the camara partnership person SHOULD get it right

If you do ask to see the evidence as you know you were within the speed limit. So do not worry.

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 28 Jan 2007, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

i bloody will ask for the evidence dont worry about that! sometimes i feel i'm living a bloody police state!
Old 28 Jan 2007, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

brum, da lines on the road will sort you out... shouldnt be a problem m8
Old 29 Jan 2007, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

They can only issue a NIP when they prove you were speeding, The distance(Number of lines crossed) divided by the time (time between camera flashes) calculates the speed.

Velocity= Distance divided by time

They might work out the other driver was speeding though.
Old 30 Jan 2007, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Sucks

Shitty...I thought red light cameras were lame! Thank you speed gods for not putting those speed traps here in America!

I got cut off by a cop.....so I passed him...still doing the speed limit might I add and then he had the nerve to pull me over and say that I was making illegal lane changes! He gave me a ticket for tinted windows though. Let me slide cuz he liked my car I bought the damn car with the windows tinted and I'm going to fight it. I like being incognito dammit Good luck with the ticket!
Old 07 Feb 2007, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2442 View Post
Shitty...I thought red light cameras were lame! Thank you speed gods for not putting those speed traps here in America!

I got cut off by a cop.....so I passed him...still doing the speed limit might I add and then he had the nerve to pull me over and say that I was making illegal lane changes! He gave me a ticket for tinted windows though. Let me slide cuz he liked my car I bought the damn car with the windows tinted and I'm going to fight it. I like being incognito dammit Good luck with the ticket!
EH?