Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Hi all help, advice needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2007, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi all help, advice needed!

Hi everyone,
First of all new to the site, Right now to get down to the reason why i have registered my brother owns a subaru impreza 1995 uk turbo 2000 and he has kindly allowed me to use it as a project for my university (project). The plan is to fit a front mount intercooler - the thing is which one to buy and also what mods are needed and does any1 have any instructions and information on how long it will take to fit , this is step one to the project next is a new rear spoiler , front lip to relocate the no plate and then maybe fit a set of headers? A little scared with headers as the last car i worked on the manifold the stud snapped in the head argghhh!!!!! b*ll Ache.

I have about 3 hours a week and a few months to do the work in wil all this be possible bearing in mind everything has to be logged and diagrams etc produced. If any1 has any other ideas and the more help the merrier i will be doing the work with a colleague of mine.

Thanks in advance
Phil
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2007, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

the front mount is a bit fo an arse to fit, you can pick up kits from about 350 upwards for reasonable one (think thats what flat four charge, althogh can't find flippin link now). you'll also need an induction kit due to having to remove airbox to fit it.
You also need to remove the bumper and cut certain bits out of the bumper and the wing to allow the pipes and core to fit.

also to prevent major lag your gonna need to have it remapped to suit.

rear spoiler should just be a bolt off/bolt on job, as long as you get one that uses the existing mounting points, also the usual bit of padding/sealant to get a snug fit.

headers are either gonna be easy or a complete pain in the arse. to get at them your gonna have to remove the platsic undertray, then the heat sheilds, then take off the headers and put new ones on etc.
problem could be rusted bolts, that after 11 years on the car will shear off so need retapping/re-studding etc and plenty of wd40 lol.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Hi Phil,

The only info i have on front mount intercooler installation is for the New Age Impreza 2001/2006.

Link: APS

Offline   Reply With Quote