Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Gauging interest for a group buy on indiglo dials for 98-01 Imprezas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Gauging interest for a group buy on indiglo dials for 98-01 Imprezas

I' ve found a place that does indiglo dial kits that will do custom development of a kit for the 98-01 impreza.
First though, I need to gauge interest for him to do it we will need at least 20.

His site is http://www.mygarage-glasgow.co.uk

examples of the dials are here*http://www.mygarage-glasgow.co.uk/pa...diglodials.htm

The only problem I can see is the difference between 140mph for sports and 160mph for turbos (correct me if Im wrong) and if he can do more than one style or if it is limited to only one.

Anyway, if you might be interested in getting a set made please put your names below and whether you drive turbo or sport impreza please.

thanks David
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2007, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

BTTT?

No one interested? Is this in the wrong place? if so let me know and I'll sort it.

Thanks
Old 13 Jan 2007, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordy View Post
BTTT?

No one interested? Is this in the wrong place? if so let me know and I'll sort it.

Thanks
Hi,

it's in the correct place.

Old 13 Jan 2007, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks Pete.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

if it helps I can ask him to do new age dials too, ut there are plenty of them on t'ebay
Old 13 Jan 2007, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Dont take this the wrong way mate an i dont want to influence anyones decision but indiglow dials now to me seem a bit well yesterday an if im being totally honest slightly chav an max power,also most ppl have bought expensive gauges/controllers that match the existing dials-sorta spoils it then to have electroluminescent clocks.(just guessing thats why the lack of interest-have you tried on scoobynet??)
Old 14 Jan 2007, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

not much interest everywhere dave, but theres no other option for the 98-01 no one else does dials for them. Have you looked at what he does on the site mate? The dials are nice they range from chav to normal but brighter with a colour other than pi$$ green! lol
Old 15 Jan 2007, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Do like em but i think theyre an aqquired taste if youve gone all body kits an neons painted dash carbon fibre everywhere think they fit in a treat finishes it off if ya like,just depends on the look your after-might be an idea to get the clocks just to light up red or orange as they are- like late scoobs would be cool not sure if theres a coloured filter/bulb or wether the colour they light ups part of the clock faces ive never had them out .
Old 15 Jan 2007, 09:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I've had mixed success with changing the bulb covers, I haven't got as far as doing the clocks from what I've read theres a coating on the back of them that needs scraping off, dont want to go there. But yeah if there was a simple way of doing this I wouldn't be here now. I'm just hacked off that the 98-02 is neglected in this department.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 06:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Coz theyre getting an old car now really, most of the styling stuff these days is aimed at current models as generally now young uns go for new or newish cars straight away,i think eventually as more 20odd yr olds get classics (those with enough money for the insurance that is)you may see an increase in interior stuff available but even so to an extent its still a limited no of ppl youre looking at selling to-it aint like say makin something for corsas or civics where theyre gonna sell bucket loads so its hardly worth developing stuff i guess.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

<<feels inadequate in my 95 now ty lol
Old 15 Jan 2007, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Dont class mine as any newer, classic shape is a classic shape to me wether its one of the first or last i aint into this class distinction through model years limited editions sti`s etc etc(even wagons )-we`re all impreza owners (well most of us)thats all that counts to me, not bothered if theyre turbos or not-im easy (no comments)
Old 16 Jan 2007, 12:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

so whats a better way of changing clock colour then? The bulb cover trick isn't effective enough, plus its bloody risky taking them out in th first place.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

im sure someones had them out-personally eventually want the defi or blitz (cant remember which it is now) gauges that light up green so they`l match the dash at night anyway ,wouldnt mess with it unless i already had a bulb gone or summat an it were coming out regardless.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 02:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
im sure someones had them out-personally eventually want the defi or blitz (cant remember which it is now) gauges that light up green so they`l match the dash at night anyway ,wouldnt mess with it unless i already had a bulb gone or summat an it were coming out regardless.

my defi's match my dash

o and the new defi dashboard (retro fit one with all readouts such as oil tep boost etc on it) comes out in september