Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

subaru, supercar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2007, 11:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Right, As all parties have now calmed down...

Can we get back to the Debate without taking things personal or making things personal...

Thread unlocked

Thanks All

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2007, 10:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I think you will find the standard UK turbo would hit 60 in about 5.5secs or so, but run out of puff at around 137mph... This was read by Parkers guide when I had my Rover Coupe Turbo. That was 5.5sec to 60 and a top speed of a 150mph..
I also looked at the first few versions of WRX's and so, they couldnt even beat the Coupe I had, as their top speed was just 149mph.. Nit picking maybe, but still, it wasnt a 150mph or better...

The problem is, unless everyone gets spec's etc from one place and one place only, there will be differences.
The figures I've quoted was for a 95 model or newer, basically when they first came out.. (I think it was around then, maybe 94??)

Supercar to me is something that cant be used everyday, something that is special and goes like hell.

TVR's, Lambo's, Astons - they are all my favourite cars and they are awesomely fast Subaru's can be modded to go this fast, or in certain cases the newer models FQ400's etc, have that power already... But personally, wouldnt call it a Super Car because its to easy to use and has a boot for a start!! Where would you put your shopping in a Lambo??

I think Clarkson did a DVD/video about 'hyper cars' (as he called them) as they could all do over 200mph.. That included the Lambo's, Bugati's, Ferrari's and so on of this world..

I think with the right gearing and enough power Bob said to me my Type R could manage 191mph with the correct setup, but who cares?

Subaru's, Evo's and Cossies etc are what I would call, cheap sports cars.. Some might not have 2 doors or just 2 seats, but at the same time, they are hugely fast, very tuneable and some are just rediculous for performance..

But in my honest opinion, if your gonna have a super car, has got to have the right name...

TVR, Lambo, Aston.. Those are the REAL supercars for me..

Last edited by Phill-type-R; 14 Jan 2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 10:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Agree with this Phill.... But its nice to know I can go on track and blow away these supercars with a 19k std scoob....
Old 14 Jan 2007, 10:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Agree with this Phill.... But its nice to know I can go on track and blow away these supercars with a 19k std scoob....
Dont get me wrong mate, if I knew how to drive like you, I'm sure nothing much could keep up with me anyways!! But its the whole issue of having a supercar in the first place tho isnt it? Its the whole name brand thing I think...

Still Scoobies are quick, Evo's are quick, but if you cant drive them as fast as they can go, why worry about how fast they are anyways?! Dont you just love them for their name or what they mean to you personally??