Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

money,money,money and a long day ahead!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Nov 2006, 08:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I completely understand mate, cos I wont feel comfortable doing the mapping on the road either at full pelt as I've not often driven the car as hard as poss for a long time.
Would love to do it on an air field as that way you've got loads of room and nout to hit!

I think I would ask Bob (on here) to go and do it for me.. I aint used to speed especially when I havent driven the car hard enough! I wouldnt know how it would react which would worry me...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2006, 08:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

yep that makes two of, it is a little worrying.

Bob? what you doing 5pm this saturday? i know its only a short drive for you!
Old 22 Nov 2006, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

plus, i've only recently got my licence back for speeding!
Old 22 Nov 2006, 08:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I dont think they need to go all that fast, maybe upto 3rd gear tops I think? Speaking to Alyn (from AS Performance) he mentioned you dont go all that fast... But dont quote me, I'd ask bob as he's done it before!!
Old 22 Nov 2006, 09:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Forum Sponsor
Paid & Proud

just to clarify, "we don't go fast all the time" was i think what was mentioned and of course only when safe and controlled on a circuit or whatever we are testing on..........................

a lot of the time mapping is spent cruising checking the 'map' etc. in between (generally) short bursts of acceleration or some steady state runs dependant on exactly what we are trying to achieve, and a lot of time goes into 3rd/4th gear areas..............
Old 22 Nov 2006, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

cheers m8, yep, i'm sure it will be fine. a few squirts here n there as B.R listens in on his head phones n taps away on the lap top.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 09:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockcar View Post
just to clarify, "we don't go fast all the time" was i think what was mentioned and of course only when safe and controlled on a circuit or whatever we are testing on..........................

a lot of the time mapping is spent cruising checking the 'map' etc. in between (generally) short bursts of acceleration or some steady state runs dependant on exactly what we are trying to achieve, and a lot of time goes into 3rd/4th gear areas..............
I kinda got something right!! Nearly.....
Old 23 Nov 2006, 12:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Done a fair bit of mapping with Bob...He must trust me... Quite a bit is holding throttle at zero boost usually motorway best to get slight uphill as speed does pick up after a bit...Got a boost gauge try it....Get the boost holding zero and see how long you can hold it there. No more than zero no less.
Each time you start of the ecu is reset by giving a short blast to a rev range bob says when its reset.
Quite a bit of holding in 2nd then 3rd then 4th
Then the flat out session Full throttle though all gears taking it to max revs but not hitting rev limiter. I get to about 135-140 doing this. How they map from 140 after I do not know. The roads bob takes you on are good carrageways The first few runs will not be flat out so gives you time to get use to the road.
I really need the car right at 135-140 as thats the speed I hit down the straight at castle coombe and I never know when I may fancy a fast track day..
Old 23 Nov 2006, 06:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Would you be ok to help map mine bob?? I'll buy the food and drink!!
Old 24 Nov 2006, 01:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R View Post
Would you be ok to help map mine bob?? I'll buy the food and drink!!
No problem...
Old 24 Nov 2006, 05:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I dont know if I will be able to hit 140mph down castle combe, but maybe you could teach me a bit mate??

Would always be great seeing you Roll on my mapping then