Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Sti wrx prodrive for sale!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2006, 03:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to UK300 Lee
no, the car that registered my speed had stopped the bmw, it was the other 5 cars that stopped me, i think they thought i might try and outrun them. They said i was doing 130 i just took there word for it.
Well i finish at 4.30 so getting my glad rags sorted out and off out tonight. Got bottle of water ready by my desk and my duvet for an 8am start, such a joy working from home
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2006, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

ask to see evidence, no video then they can't do you, def speak to a lawyer though
Old 26 Oct 2006, 03:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator

Hopefully brumbrum will give some words from his experience
Old 26 Oct 2006, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

hi mate, i have 110% sympathy for you, what would be life without a few thrills. i was camera'd doing 111mph back in feb. i waited 5 mths for the summons. it was at the front of my mind all that time even waking in the night panicing, but thats what i'm like. i was sure that i'd have to sell the car and insurance would rocket. but it was honestly NOT worth all the worry. if they arrested you for dangerous driving then this is obviously something you want a solicitor to deal with, the police must have hard evidence for this surely, as you were obviously caught in the middle of another drivers action that panic'd you into accelerating/swerving/ whatever. as traffic offences go i got a 28 day suspension(SP30 on licence) and 200 pound fine. if the suspension is over 56 days they revoke your licence and you have to re-apply for it. if under 56 days they just send it back with the offence code on. as you have been arrested i presume this is a criminal offence. if this gets dealt with by the magistrates in court then remember that they are human beings and will take into account the effect it will have on your lively hood n family. the best way maybe to deal with your plea is state how it will effect 'others' around you. looking really nervous and remorseful can only go in your favour and so will the fact 'if' its a first offence. i was in court for less than 5 mins so it aint worth getting apprehensive. i'm betting that it will not turn out as badly as you are thinking now. i worried so much i even rehearsed exactly what i was going to say and how i would act in court.
rgds, BB.
p.s, my new insurance quote went down in price! so i wouldn't sell the car too hastily if i were you. i'd being getting the advice of a solicitor straight away as they may calm your nerves and put you straight about the likely outcome.

Last edited by brumbrum; 26 Oct 2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 04:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

cheers brumbrum, i was kicking myself last night and paniking. Im just taking it each day as it comes so will post what the lawyers say.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 04:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

get a few beers down your neck tonight, and watch out for those valleys girls, they tend to have a nasty bite
Old 26 Oct 2006, 04:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I'm gutted for you mate

I know its so tempting to just put your foot down, but I just try so hard not to.

Gareth, maybe we could try and arrange a tracl day so people can have a damn good thrashing around a track with no speed limits??

I really hope somethings happens with all this taking people down.. Driving is so not fun anymore with all this crap happening
Old 26 Oct 2006, 05:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Just spoke to lawyer, he had some good points and some i didnt want to hear, dangerous driving= min 12 month ban, possible commnuity service possible jail, but jail unlikley.
Have a meeting with him on wed at 5pm, so will see what th eoutcome is, £300 for advice and representation, not bad seeing he made be able to help me lots.

The valley girls i have experianced them 1st hand, she ate me alive
Old 26 Oct 2006, 05:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Maybe stick to a 3 wheeler on the roads and save the car for the track?

Bummer
Old 26 Oct 2006, 07:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
Young Scooby

No way! You must be absolutely gutted Lee You've only had it two minutes aswell! It'll come good mate, keep your chin up.

Cheers,

Dale
Old 29 Oct 2006, 08:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

really sorry to hear that mate.got done on a sunny sunday afternoon about five years ago.said i was doing an average of 101.9 and they took two miles to catch me.got six points and 150 fine.(good layer with the gift of the gab)so now when i am driving i am always very wary of cars behind me and who could be in them.like the open back roads when it is quiet.all the best and good luck
Old 29 Oct 2006, 08:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

Geez m8, really sorry to hear about that

Have a look here. Don't know if will help, but might be worth a look.

Think this is the site tidgy was trying to think of

http://www.pepipoo.com/Magistrates_guidelines.htm
Old 29 Oct 2006, 10:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Gutted for you, never admit any speeds when stopped. Never say you have license either due to if you hand it over you are admitting guilt.

I would contest and want to see evidence of Vid/pic's first.

You can change your plea at anytime dont forget.

I admitted to failure to stop, failure to report and Driving without due care.

Went to Crown Court due to size of fine (£1500) to appeal and prosecuting barrister tells me outside court that if my solicitor had been bothered in first case I would have got off with all.

See the Police evidence first then see what Solicitor says.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal
Geez m8, really sorry to hear about that

Have a look here. Don't know if will help, but might be worth a look.

Think this is the site tidgy was trying to think of

http://www.pepipoo.com/Magistrates_guidelines.htm

yeah mate thats the one
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

not sure if this help or not,back in 2003 the welsh boys in blue got me at Margam Park,on the way to WRC.....98,overtaking,Audi TT was tail gating,saw the vidoe van ,and my heart dropped,just as i pulled in the TT shot past me,felt the back darft of him,4 days later,little brown envelope came through the door,ban pending........contacted the Boys in Blue..saw what happend on film and dropped it.........thank god......they ait soo bad,just go with the tailgating part,you tried to get out the way.......film should prove it.......hopefully.......all the best bud,what ever happens......