Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Insurance Companies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2010, 11:04 AM   #46 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: Insurance Companies

Tradesure are about the best at the minute i now have 3 years no claims so when my current policy runs out im going with them, i currently pay 950
Old 14 Oct 2010, 12:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

My prefered Motor Trade markets are Aviva, QBE and Groupama. I'm broking one at the moment.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 05:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I tried tradesure and they didn't bother getting back in touch. I've bought a impreza so now there is no choice but to get insured lol. Cheapest quote so far is Adrian flux with 2600. I'm sure there is other companies out there who can do it for around 2000. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2010, 07:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Just to add my two pence worth, I am a new Impreza owner and ended up insuring with Direct Line of all people for about 600 (although I needed to fit a tracker for full cover). Mind you, I am 29 with 8 years no claims bonus.

The independants were all stupid money as I have never had a car over 170 bhp before...
Old 28 Oct 2010, 04:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
Young Scooby

good news;-360 fully comp protected with aviva, 250 excess for old git (50) in an 04 type uk sti.
bad news:- dont have much faith in them when i tried to tell them it had tracker etc and they said it didnt matter! after the third time of telling them,gave up .but at least got some spare insurance certificates. wonder if they will honor a claim?
Old 25 Nov 2010, 04:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Just had my renewal notice through... it's gone up 3 times the amount I paid last year to 989 After phoning up I have been told due to the recession and the increase in un-insured drivers the premiums have gone up. What a load of b******s! Obviously I'm not renewing with them but having a quick search around it seems everywhere has increased there prices. This could spell an end to my Scooby ownership as I'm not paying ridiculous amounts of money to greedy insurance companys for the t***s that drive around with no insurance. Not happy
Old 25 Nov 2010, 06:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobymike79 View Post
Just had my renewal notice through... it's gone up 3 times the amount I paid last year to 989 After phoning up I have been told due to the recession and the increase in un-insured drivers the premiums have gone up. What a load of b******s! Obviously I'm not renewing with them but having a quick search around it seems everywhere has increased there prices. This could spell an end to my Scooby ownership as I'm not paying ridiculous amounts of money to greedy insurance companys for the t***s that drive around with no insurance. Not happy
Its a bloody joke lads Im 26 and got my renewal went up €100 since last year rang them up and was not a happy camper on the phone and they said exactly the same the rates went up what a load of s**t Im going to be paying €1100 this year then rang around other insurance companies and they wont insure me because of the car but yet I want to give them my custom if I got a cheaper price I argued on the phone to them saying you can see I have NO points and Max NO claims bonus of 9years which they only account the last 5yrs but yet then they painting me with the one brush as these boy racers out their giving us a bad name, you say somthing if I had 100 points and no no claims bonus but yet they dont see me as a sensible driver they just see the car it a joke so have to stay with the insurance company Im with now and pay the €1100 RIP OFF
Old 25 Nov 2010, 09:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

It's bad news mate,
I just placed a fleet of 79 trucks (44 tonne cement mixers) for 1,089 per vehicle
The private motor market is getting more expensive but it's the reverse for fleet markets, Insurers will do almost anything to win new business.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 10:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

interesting, i am currently paying just over 85 per month to The AA, got a quote from Sky Insurance with my spoiler declared as a mod 713 total with 300 excess , i then asked how much for month payments, they stated a 191 deposit and 71 per month for the next 10 months , i told them politely where to shove it as that makes it the same as what i am paying now.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 09:20 AM   #55 (permalink)
Young Scooby

the only way to get a decent quote these days is to (a) have a higher excess and hope you dont have a claim (b) dont tell them of and mods and hope you dont have a claim (c)be old (d) change occupation or most extreme (e) change sex, females are cheaper to insure,
Old 26 Nov 2010, 05:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
change sex, females are cheaper to insure,
Grow boobies where a skirt and shave the legs then you get cheaper insurance ha ha
Old 27 Nov 2010, 12:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Sorted it now guys and no I haven't changed into a women
Old 27 Nov 2010, 01:38 PM   #58 (permalink)
Young Scooby

have already got man boobs,happens at my age!
Old 29 Nov 2010, 04:15 PM   #59 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Traders policy is the way to go 900 a year fully comp. age 27, 3 years ncd
Old 30 Nov 2010, 04:40 PM   #60 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

i'd just like to add to this thread as i managed to get insured. im 25 been driving 2 years with 1years ncb and im paying 2400 with aviva. i tried trade insurance and they didnt get back to me (not sure if i done something wrong when applying)

i hate paying out this much money for insurance but i have wanted a impreza since i was a kid and couldnt really wait any longer lol.

i only drive a impreza classic uk turbo 2000. standard.

anyone with any ideas on getting it cheaper let me know asap and ill cancel this current policy