Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Tips on Fuel Consumption.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2006, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Tips on Fuel Consumption.

Unfortunatley the only tip i have is to sell your scoob and and walk,

I was wondering if anyone has any good tips, I know people are going to say "stay off the boost" but it doesnt make that much difference,

Does anyone know if dump valves will affect the consumption? my dump valve doesnt make any dif to my performance, i only have it on for the "whoosh" noise lol...

Any suggestions would be greatful!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2006, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

um other than stay off boost, short shift aka change at 3k rpm, don't use full throttle and thats about all you can do.
tbh scooby isn't the kinda car to worry about fuel consumption its bad no mater what you do
Old 14 Aug 2006, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy
um other than stay off boost, short shift aka change at 3k rpm, don't use full throttle and thats about all you can do.
tbh scooby isn't the kinda car to worry about fuel consumption its bad no mater what you do
cheers for the reply, im not too bothered on the bad fuel consumption, Im more worried about the inflating fuel prices........... the prices just keep rising, i like my scoob, but will have to sell when the prices get too high!!.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

i'm seeing max 180 miles out of a full tank (50) cos i use it weekends and evening as a toy.
however if i drive on motorway at steady 70mpk i see 300+ so just depends how you drive it, with mine running so rich it drinks like a fish when booted
Old 14 Aug 2006, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I was gonna say, staying off the boost is all you can do. changing at 3000rpms is all I do, but I still enjoy the car as its mine and I'm driving it

Others may laugh that I get over 30mpg, but its doing bloody well considering its not tuned in any particular way

I do only use mine at weekends as I have my Mum's 306 1.4, but surprisingly, that only just about manages 36mpg's or so.... I know which one I'd rather take to work with me tho and its not the scooby!!

I dont want paint getting on my car!! But seriously, for work its fine. For driving to see my fiance, forget it