Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

FAO UK Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2006, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

FAO UK Dave

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/forums/732444/ShowPost.aspx
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2006, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
mate you aint helpin lol thats sweet-The countless number of times i wish i`d have gone for an sti were just the insurance put me off at the time i bought mine really like that though, but still dont like getting a car when its just run in-prefer a few thousand miles on first to make sure its ok.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 25 Jul 2006, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

could definately cope with that mate just need to lose the wrx off the boot an the sti stickers off the spoiler an it`d do me fine-just add wax
Old 25 Jul 2006, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink
its a rubbish colour
Old 25 Jul 2006, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Dave how come the insurance is so expensive for you mate?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink
Maybe I should buy it, put my stuff on that one and vise versa and then Dave has a V4 Tempted?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

was expensive on an import 515 on mine.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I will admit, my Type R in standard form is £1200 with Norwich Union. That was with 8 years no claims, no claims or convictions, so clean licence and living down here in the South West.. Cheap ish I think...

I'm dredding what the renewal bill is gonna be... I have to mention the ECU upgrade as well Oh do I need to tell them about the bumper 'change' as well?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
Maybe I should buy it, put my stuff on that one and vise versa and then Dave has a V4 Tempted?
Told ya before phil youve took away the best part for me (the box)to be fair mate, regardless though would have to be a gd car for me to swap with anyone-not coz mines worth more or anything im just that happy with it would dread to think how i`d feel if i bought a proper money pit like some ppl do-cars in at the mo for a few bits but had it 2.5yrs so im happy with that-yer slightly pissed about the gearbox but hopefully nxt yr will sort a 5spd sti box for it get it rebuilt before it goes in and jobs a fish. May sort front brakes before box then engine meanwhile still considering tein coilovers,no intentions of selling it though for at least the next 4yrs nothing i really like to be fair other than evo`s,(still like sti-type r`s but its finding a gd one at the right money, even then may be swayed by an evo) but generally cost more to run and once ive got mine around the power i want it would i want an evo??
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Well as I keep telling you, drive the damn thing and find out mate... You'll be surprised as I was as the box ratios are the same for the first 5 gears...

If I was happy with a car, I wouldnt get rid either... Hence probably why you wont swap yours for an evo....
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

well when i see paul i`ll ask him for the keys pmsl
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Just a thought phil would trudi not see the funny side if i hid one of the birds i knows bra an nickers in your car (they`d give me em if it were for a gd cause-to see ya squirm) ?????? bet you check now lol
Old 25 Jul 2006, 08:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

She'll probably say, I dont remember leaving them in the car!!

Well, I think that's what she might say!!

Mate I keep telling you to meet me so you can have a drive!!
Old 25 Jul 2006, 10:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

"Mate I keep telling you to meet me so you can have a drive!! "

mate you ever heard the saying what youve never had you`ll never miss ????

rons got a 2006sti with full decat/remap-not drove

phils got an 03 sti tsl`s 333 conversion with chargecooler etc cant remember exact power but its up on that figure-not drove

scotts uk 300 frontmount/different turbo/bigger injectors/remapped etc-not drove

seriously phil if i drive a faster scooby than mine will be pissed off till mines simular so for the time being im happy lol.