Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

not running right but still making me smile !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
not running right but still making me smile !!!

I know i shouldnt rag me car when it aint running right however in the name of research ............ last night a mate came round with his uk300 and we went up to where we hang out anyway both were waiting at the lights as u do(u know whats coming) anyway scotts got full decat, bigger turbo/injectors/ front mount/induction kit and a remap, mines got ind kit/ full decat-but no remap yet, std top mount- he had his mate in aswell so bit of extra weight-made about 3 car lengths on me but that were it couldnt catch him but didnt leave me and kept that distance between us though would have been closer if i`d have started along side him, reckon if mine had been running perfect there`d have been nothing in it-frankly were well suprised so its getting an extra polish today for putting a big grin on me face
Old 25 Jun 2006, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

lmao, nice to see u treat u car so well Dave! lol

when she gets fixed again race Scott again and let us know how it goes
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2006, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

mate sometimes scooby ownership gets you in a fu-k it if its gonna blow up its gonna blow up frame of mind-i bought it to drive yet its probably had less hammer than any of the other cars ive owned through me trying to avoid big bills yet gearbox still fcuked up, trust me when i know its running right later this year when ive had remap and been on rollers maybe at the same time maybe not it will get some grief-spend so much time polishing coz the shine will always be there and its more effort than cost-quite pleased with how it looks though now so from nxt yr on its mechanical starting with big front brakes after christmas-gonna be knackered for spare cash this yr from box clutch etc may just look at droplinks aint bothered about uprated arb`s mine handles fine as it is.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Dave sounds like your car will give him a bit of stick when its done mate I cant wait till the work is also done on mine.. Its gonna be that much, but I hope its gonna be loads better than what it is now

You know Dave, there's an open ticket for having a go mate you know
Old 25 Jun 2006, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

he he had a couple of smiles about me mates this wk were riding round town where we hang out at night ron in his 2006sti at the front scott in his uk300 with his mate ian then me at the bk,anyway waiting at these traffic lights outside a couple of clubs and a group of 4 laydees (2 a bit ropey 2 you definately would)walks by rons and scotts cars knocked on me window so puts it down(the window)to hear-"your cars so much better than the other 2 in front"pmsl couldnt stop laughing whilst scott an ian were looking through their rear window with a u b-stard sort of a look on their faces were quality-been a funny week for owning a classic-either that or they were just sooooo impressed with the driver pmsl.......not
Old 25 Jun 2006, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

It is suprising...Had 380 bhp and 380 ft/lbs in the type R put my boot down from 15 mph got to 120 mph and my mate in a std 280 bhp car was sat right on my tail. It was not till 135-140 I started to pull away.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Sounds like you Dave have been polishing it too much!! Dont they say the ladies like a shiney car? Maybe they where attracted to that!!

That's shocking mate... Maybe you needed some more power?!
Old 26 Jun 2006, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
It is suprising...Had 380 bhp and 380 ft/lbs in the type R put my boot down from 15 mph got to 120 mph and my mate in a std 280 bhp car was sat right on my tail. It was not till 135-140 I started to pull away.
scott put it down to the extra weight of his bugeye and the fact his mate were in-think he were expecting more from his bob though to be honest.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I would have thought from a car with a 100BHP more, there would be more of a gap, maybe it only gives up near the top end or something?

You always said Bob, that your UK Turbo was faster than your Type R etc..

How much heavier are the newer cars Dave? Do you know off hand?
Old 26 Jun 2006, 02:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
4 laydees (2 a bit ropey 2 you definately would
PMSL here
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
I would have thought from a car with a 100BHP more, there would be more of a gap, maybe it only gives up near the top end or something?

You always said Bob, that your UK Turbo was faster than your Type R etc..

How much heavier are the newer cars Dave? Do you know off hand?
dont know phil mate off hand but quite a bit and the 06 cars are heavier still i believe-fitted a rear strut brace on scotts at the wkend and theres a heavy strengthener/brace under the bk seat that classics dont have for a start-lol said to scott "does the weight saving start here whilst the sockets are out" lol-to be fair dont know if anythings bolted to it underneath etc but left it in anyway, however think if it had have been mine and i couldnt c a benefit from it it`d be out lol-didnt look into it though coz were leavin it late to catch england match
Old 28 Jun 2006, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

No worries mate, I can find the weights etc at the Parkers Guide site, I'll go and have a ganders
Old 28 Jun 2006, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

i think scotts is about 1495kg's and the classics are 1295kg's summet like that plus there was twice the weight in people

ive had abit of a drive in scotts uk300 and it is a quick car for what he has done would says its a far bit quicker than mine

the thing that dave is forgetting is that scott has bad legs and sometimes finds it hard to press the clutch peddle and cant really get a quick gear change out of his scooby we was talking about it just the other nite ive been spending alot of time in his car just lately and been watching his gear change and he seems to lose alot of speed inbetween gear changes but one of his next mods is gonna be a quick shift

plus i also think its down to what sort of start u get i once had ago against my mates WR1 which are what 320bhp i had him off the lights and all the way up to 3rd gear was still at the side of him at that point but had to back off cos of the road going back into one lane and mine is only 237bhp
Old 28 Jun 2006, 07:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

classics weight 1235kg

uk300 weight 1385kg
Old 28 Jun 2006, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

By the sounds of it, unless you have stupid power going through your scoob, 50 or even 150bhp extra aint gonna make a lot of difference unless your going mental speeds (120mph plus) you wont notice the difference...

I feel like my Type R is in the heavy weight section!! I thought it was a 'stripped' out model!!