Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

just booked car in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2006, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Smile just booked car in

To get 5th gear sorted/new clutch+flywheel/boost/fuellin prob sorted-looking fwd to having it done but not to the bill, 5ths been like it about 15mths coz ive kept putting it off but ive ran outta patience with it-to be honest though cant moan had it 2.5yrs and other than servicing and mods ive done hasnt cost any extra-know it aint gonna be cheap though.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Think its done well mate

I wouldnt be looking forward to your bill either mate!! Are you getting things upgraded or just oem parts put back on?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2006, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

stdish mate probably just different flywheel to be honest-will seem modded to get into 5th without problems -depending on the bill though wouldnt mind a front mount though will fit that meself.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I've been thinking about trying to lengthen the 6th gear in mine... Its loads better than the 5 speed box orginally, but for that ultimate in cruising, it could do with a bit more lenght in the gears...

I dont really push it that hard mate, as you well know, but coming home last night, 5th gear, 110mph up a steep hill and it still wanting to go like it was in 3rd, my hat goes off to it mate

If I was in your shoes and I had a choice and the parts wherent that differently priced, I'd probably go for the better spec ones to be honest

As and when I get my turbo replaced, I'm having a front mount fitted as well Thinking of an oil cooler as well, just for the hell of it
Old 19 Jun 2006, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Thing is phil its only 5th thats knackered and only done 45k-to be fair id be better starting with say a sti box -though wouldnt want a 6spd(no offence) ie sti 6 box dont worry know exactly what i want its just a money thing an to be fair car wont be around 300bhp till nxt year now so plenty of time.Will probably start on engine internals nxt year sometime(for future mods) then when box eventually dies get a sti one then and get it rebuilt.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I just got it cos its so much nicer to have on long journeys than the 5 speed, but it still gives me those 5 close ratio gears that give the car the sheer acceleration it has Even with it standard mate, it scares me... God know what it will be like after a few mod's shortly

Besides, do what you want No pressure from anyone on here so it matters little what you do or dont do to the car Its all down to personal preference No one can knock you for that
Old 20 Jun 2006, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Good luck with it all.....bet you're looking forward to finally getting it sorted.....
Old 21 Jun 2006, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

i am trish, just the paying for it though aint it
Old 21 Jun 2006, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I would offer to pay, but then everyone might ask me to pay for theirs.....

Just think of the plus points, she'll be like a different car...
Old 21 Jun 2006, 05:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I keep telling myself that, but it can get just a little too expensive...