Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Probably a question everyone...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2006, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Probably a question everyone...

and anyone has asked before but I've got some great news

I'm gonna be getting my car mapped

So guys and gals, I need some helpfull advice so I know what I basically need to get for this and what differences I might notice.....

I'm gonna be having the car at Zen Performance for a few days so, its gonna be a beast (well, kitten when I'm driving it ) when I get it back

I've been told about the fuel pump, but is there anything else I might need to get with it?

Many thanks all
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2006, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dr. Infrastructure
Paid & Proud

Send a message via AIM to Gaza
Be sure to post before and after numbers.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I will be asking them for the figures before and after
Old 08 Jun 2006, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

depends how mad you wanna go mate,

or more to the point how deep your pockets are,

possible are

front mount
uprated oil cooler
bigger turbo
full decat
light weight pullys
bigger injectors

etc etc
Old 08 Jun 2006, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I was just meaning for when I go and get the re-map.. I didnt want to go mad just yet...

The list and the bill is big enough mate
Old 08 Jun 2006, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Phill
You need to add all the bits before mapping. as doing more mods after will require a re map.

If you are going Fuel pump I would go injectors as well 440cc or 550cc I would have thought. I would take your steer from Paul at Zens....

Are you sticking with your ECU or getting an FC Commander ??

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 08 Jun 2006, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Sponsor
Paid & Proud

the type-R will almost certainly already have 440's.........................
Old 08 Jun 2006, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Well pete, I'm getting a large amount done anyways, so I'm basically getting the re-map done as then at least I know the car is safe. It would be really nice to had a sports cat or even the headers as well, but its just gonna cost me too much right now. So its just gonna be as it is at the moment. I'll get it re-mapped again when I have more money and more performance parts to go on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
I would take your steer from Paul at Zens....
What do you mean mate?

Mate I have a Apexi ECU AND Commander unit now
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

The problem is mate when remapping cars is each big performance mod you change after the mapping session means you generally need to go back for a remap session.

Injectors - Intercooler and even a bigger turbo might be good mate.

However just with the mods you have a remap can change the characteristics of the car so much - the response, acceleration, lag, economy etc can all make a world of difference. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the car and what a difference a remap can make
Old 11 Jun 2006, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I personally cant wait to have it done mate I know at the moment it might be a bit of a waste really (time and money if I'm honest) because its only got a Cat back exhaust system, but I think because its never been re-tunned on the fuel I'm running, more importantly than having massive power gains (although some extra power/torque would be great ) I doubt I'll see much of an increase but the car will run better and safer as well.

I'm gonna get a sports cat and set of unequal headers next for it, as the first owner who had it, had a massive water leak under the car and its got quite bad rust under there.
Whilst I've had it waxoiled (and still not yet put pictures up I'm sorry guys and gals!!) it will help everything but the cat and headers as they say dont spray them as it could cause a fire!! Not what I want!!!!

I'm basically wanting to go so fair where power gains are easy to get, without having to change a lot of the engine. So things like injectors, fuel rails and going past 350BHP things like getting rid of the MAF sensor and so on, doesnt appeal to me at all!! And I'm sure it will make the 'everyday drive part of it' go as well...
I will be eventually adding a front mount and maybe a bigger turbo, but only something that will comfortably handle the 350BHP or there abouts without 'straining itself'. I dont need or want 400BHP +, I just simply dont see the need. Although, I'll only get the turbo and intercooler done, when the turbo packs up Shame really, cos that might be awhile considering I hardly use it!!

I just hope when its done I will notice a better fuel useage and that the car will feel and go much better (because of some of the other parts that are getting done at the same time ) so for my 26th, it'll be a great present