Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

i want to go faster...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2006, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

i want to go faster...

today, while on my lunch break i pulled up behind a 95 honda. it took of and i noticed the exhaust was spitting alot of smoke, so i tailed him. i changed lanes and stayed with it on the hill climb. i don't know what he was pushing, but i am noticing that my stock non-turbo impreza isn't going to cut it in the straight(which is what these losers think is racing out here). basically where would you start to gain more power?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2006, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to tiny
apparently an fse power boost valve works wonders in n/a scoobs, a mate has on efitted to his 1.6. To be honest though, i believe it costs quite a bit to get some decent power out of a non turbo
Old 30 May 2006, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

turbo would help mate lol
Old 31 May 2006, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to tiny
have looked into this a little more for you mate, here`s what ifound on another site:

To keep the Subaru community informed of what we've done to break the 300 HP mark for a naturally aspirated 2.5L Subaru Flat-4 as outlined in our previous press release, we're including a list of modifications that helped get us there. Please understand, however, that not every detail is or will be disclosed about this engine as we feel it's inappropriate to do all the ground work, then give the entire receipe to those that didn't put in the time, money and effort it takes to achieve such results.
Mod list:

Subaru OEM 2005 2.5 RS spark plug wires Subaru OEM 2005 2.5 RS coilpack Subaru OEM 2005 2.5 RS fuel rail Subaru OEM 2005 2.5 RS intake manifold Subaru OEM 2003 WRX fuel injectors NGK BKR6E-11 V-power spark plugs (copper) Accufab 65mm Ford Mustang throttle body TWE Stage III heads TWE Stage II SOHC street cams TWE 100mm 11.2:1 CR forged pistons TWE 4-2-1 race headers (large primaries) TWE 2.5" catless race pipe TWE 2.5" midpipe 255 LPH Walbro fuel pump Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator Link Electrosystems LinkPlus engine management 108 Octane race gas No muffler No air filter - open throttle body
Misc:

Idle air control is achieved using a Ford OEM IAC solenoid. Throttle position sensor on TB is Ford OEM. Throttle linkage was custom fabricated by Zzyzx Motorsports. Adapter plate to bolt Accufab 65mm TB to intake manifold custom fabricated by TWE. Engine oil is Motul 300V 15-50. Transmission and rear diff oil is Redline Shockproof Lightweight (smurf blood).
Old 03 Jun 2006, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Had a sport a little while back i found that when i changed my standard exhaust to a Haywood and Scott full stainless system inc. removal of cat and middle part of exhaust it made a very noticable diffrence in performance plus it sounded Amazing

Only problem was when I started the car up they could hear it in the next vilage

TO be honest though i made quite a few mods/spent alot of money on my sport but it doesnt compare to my WRX it might be worth you changing the car it will probably cost the same in the long run......