Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Wide body GC8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2006, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Cool Wide body GC8

I went to a local breakers yesterday who has started breakin nothin but scoobies evos and skylines direct from japan.. I came upon a very strange 4 door 99 sti - it was wide arched ! The front wings were just like 22B models but then i noticed the rear doors flared out to meet the very wide rear quarters and there were no door handles in the rear doors either.
Now, I know that there are some kits available on the market the same as this so i presumed it was one of these, but a closer look revealed no join lines,spray lines, faults etc anywhere on the kit even the factory sealer on the doors was perfect and looked untouched from new..The quality was unbelievable and lookin round the rest of the car revealed some tasty chassis mods and some serious internal strut braces.
On the front screen of these cars it is marked in white marker the destination port which was Dublin and where they came from in Japan and it was Asian Majesty....??
Maybe they were made and sold in Japan only or just a one off special, I honestly dont know but it looked really well.
Will take a few camera photos the next time im there... Seriously wicked lookin car.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2006, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

maybe a custom built thing would like to see some pics of it if you ever had the chance
Old 28 May 2006, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

This Scoob sound very interesting definitely would like to see some pics if possible