Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

New Impreza in Auto express!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2006, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

New Impreza in Auto express!

Heres a pic of this weeks Auto Express. What in the name of all thats holy is subaru doing!

Im all for making the engines cleaner and more fuel economical, and i agree that interior quality does need improving, but please don't touch the exterior!

Im no fan of the current facelift to be honest but turning the car into a hot hatch just so it can compete with the golf gti and such is a traversty against what the impreza is and represents!

Subaru should keep the saloon and come out with a smaller cheaper hatch if they want, but it seems to me that they are chopping off there arms to save there legs!

I know they are not having a very good rally season at the moment but thats no reason to do this!! If anything they should of tested the new car for longer or did what citroen have done take a year off but have solberg enter in a private sponsored impreza so there presence is still felt this season.

Right ive had my rant but what do you guys and gals think of both these subjects?

Just going to lie down in a dark room for a few hours!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car_portal_pic_25356.jpg (143.2 KB, 26 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2006, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

well i think from seeing that pic it is a little hard to say how i feel about it...but at the minute i am not liking this design at all! i agree with you although the p1, type r and 22b are not saloon's (i think, correct me if im wrong). but u r right, if they want to go into hot-hatch territory they should create another, different car...they shouldnt de-grade the impreza!
Old 27 Apr 2006, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to andrewwhitcombe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx2005
Heres a pic of this weeks Auto Express. What in the name of all thats holy is subaru doing!

Im all for making the engines cleaner and more fuel economical, and i agree that interior quality does need improving, but please don't touch the exterior!

Im no fan of the current facelift to be honest but turning the car into a hot hatch just so it can compete with the golf gti and such is a traversty against what the impreza is and represents!

Subaru should keep the saloon and come out with a smaller cheaper hatch if they want, but it seems to me that they are chopping off there arms to save there legs!

I know they are not having a very good rally season at the moment but thats no reason to do this!! If anything they should of tested the new car for longer or did what citroen have done take a year off but have solberg enter in a private sponsored impreza so there presence is still felt this season.

Right ive had my rant but what do you guys and gals think of both these subjects?

Just going to lie down in a dark room for a few hours!
Agree with you totally there mate
Old 27 Apr 2006, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Glad you agree guys, I thought the P1, RA etc were classed as saloons or sedans also just they have 3 instead of five doors? Anyway if subaru carry on down this road my next car might have to be an evo at least the next generation of that car carrys on its traditional look!
Old 27 Apr 2006, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx2005
Glad you agree guys, I thought the P1, RA etc were classed as saloons or sedans also just they have 3 instead of five doors? Anyway if subaru carry on down this road my next car might have to be an evo at least the next generation of that car carrys on its traditional look!
sorry mate u may be right! apologies!

and yea, i think evo sales will increase if the impreza goes down the hot-hatch route...but we'll see lol
Old 27 Apr 2006, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Yea who knows they might come to there senses
Old 27 Apr 2006, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Saw the mag in the garage earlier but didn't look at it as i was browsing thorugh Nuts

Looks okay nowt special

Type r p1 22b etc are coupes

A saloon is a car with the interior not accesible through the boot and a coupe is a 2-door saloon