Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

bigger wheels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

bigger wheels?

Can anyone help me?

I got an '06 WRX to which I want to fit big rims to. I'm looking to fit 19s on, however the alloys which I want, Lenso LS21 are only available in 18 or 20inch fitment.

If I was to go for the 20s, will they fit on without any problems?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2006, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

i dunno about the 20's not seen many 20's on the impreza?? Bet they would look great though!
Old 08 Apr 2006, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
If you read any of the 'boys mag's' like max power and so on, they say that if you go 2inches bigger on the wheel than the standard, you'll lose the handling.. So with mine, I've gone to 18's as I had 16's standard.

I dont like having huge wheels, the cost of the tyres would be stupid money to replace...
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
hmmmmm dave bites his lip for fear of upsetting someone-20`s 18`s would be my absolute limit,or if it were that important to have massive rims i wouldnt buy a scooby.
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
The 18's I have are expensive enough!! the fear of putting on 19's or 20's would just kill me!!
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

will say this my cars lowered 40mm with 18`s on cant fit wider rims than 7.5in which even rules out a lot of decent lookin wheels for me because of arch clearance, wouldnt consider raising the ride height as the handlings mint compared to std and in my opinion big rims with a high ride height dont look right anyway.(lower it mate on 18`s-u know it makes sense)
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Take a look at my updated pics mate and tell me what you think
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

pretty sure these are 18`s-looks cool to me

Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Looks good mate

I got 225/40/18's on mine... I dont think its lowered tho mate...
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

ha ha phill u saying u value my opinion or ya tryin to make me jealous mate im off 4 a look
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I'd love to hear your opinion mate I like anyones opinions (although I do prefer the good ones!! )

I dont want jealously mate, just help and advice!!
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

advice on hand-its about time u got some headlamp washers put in that bumper lol-u want the part no lol i had to buy one soon after i had mine after a sml racing "incident" lol nah mate looks gd,dunno about rear spoiler.
Old 09 Apr 2006, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Are they very expensive mate and are they a pain in the butt to fit and to get to work?
How do I read that darn graph mate with my air/fuel mixture?! I'm lost
Old 09 Apr 2006, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

phill mine are piped up an i hardly ever use em just buy the nozzles that push in the bumper who cares if they aint workin yet gotta look better than them holes, think theyre about £10 each cant remember if they just push in or wether theres a fork like plate that pushes across behind an traps em in - its bin a while.
Old 09 Apr 2006, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Where could I get them from mate? Scooby dealer? None local to me around here