Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

500-bhp Subaru Impreza WRX STi 8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2006, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

500-bhp Subaru Impreza WRX STi 8

Graham Goode Engineering.

http://superstreetonline.com/feature...wrx/index.html

Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2006, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

That is a beasty
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

great find Pete!!

looks very tasty from wat i can see...anymore pics avilable???
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtiz
looks very tasty from wat i can see...anymore pics avilable???
Did you see the other 3 pages with pics ?

http://superstreetonline.com/feature...rx/index1.html

http://superstreetonline.com/feature...rx/index2.html

http://superstreetonline.com/feature...rx/index3.html

Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

whoops. sorry, i never even seen those! thanks pete

i love that car!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtiz
whoops. sorry, i never even seen those! thanks pete
I thought you missed the other pages mate

Old 30 Jan 2009, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via MSN to glyne
Re: 500-bhp Subaru Impreza WRX STi 8

What a beautie!!!. Does anyone know a reliable well stock internet subaru wrx sti 2008 web site that i can purchase parts and accessories for the above mention car. Any website except subbaru genuine parts. com site. Please help
Old 31 Jan 2009, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

25K for a conversion like that is pretty much OTT. I take it i am right in saying that once you give them your car they will then charge you 25K to convert it.

No offence to GGR and more power to their elbow if they can squeeze 25K from punters to do that but in all honesty if you went out and paid Litchfield 35K for a 2007 old shape 415bhp Type25 which is based on the wonderful Spec-C JDM car, still running the std top mount intercooler and uprated turbo with OEM fit, you get a hypercar eater that will do the 0-60 in 3.8secs and on to 175mph with std gearing, a car that your granny could drive to the shops and stop on a penny. That's a lot quicker and more cost effective than the GGR car, not to mention better looking and probably much better handling with the AST suspension, Porsche brakes, and all the very fine geometry work they carry out.

For another few thousand they will work more magic on the engine by changing some of the hardware, and with further mapping they'll squeeze out another 60 to 80bhp for a truly awesome and still very driveable experience.

A fool and their money are easily parted.

I'll take the Type25!!
Old 02 Feb 2009, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobieWRX View Post
25K for a conversion like that is pretty much OTT. I take it i am right in saying that once you give them your car they will then charge you 25K to convert it.

No offence to GGR and more power to their elbow if they can squeeze 25K from punters to do that but in all honesty if you went out and paid Litchfield 35K for a 2007 old shape 415bhp Type25 which is based on the wonderful Spec-C JDM car, still running the std top mount intercooler and uprated turbo with OEM fit, you get a hypercar eater that will do the 0-60 in 3.8secs and on to 175mph with std gearing, a car that your granny could drive to the shops and stop on a penny. That's a lot quicker and more cost effective than the GGR car, not to mention better looking and probably much better handling with the AST suspension, Porsche brakes, and all the very fine geometry work they carry out.

For another few thousand they will work more magic on the engine by changing some of the hardware, and with further mapping they'll squeeze out another 60 to 80bhp for a truly awesome and still very driveable experience.

A fool and their money are easily parted.

I'll take the Type25!!

the post is going back 3 years now, to 2006,a t that time was about going rate so not off the mark.

only recently have prices come way down.

500bhp isn't special eny more though lol
Old 02 Feb 2009, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

If an ordinary DIY man in the back yard like me can squeeze nearly 400bhp out of a standard (but well ported) VF35 and 550cc injectors there's hope for anyone to mod their cars to a reasonable standard by themselves and make decent power.

You're right, 500bhp is not as special as it used to be but very nice to have nevertheless, and i wonder just how many scooby owners on this forum have a genuine 500bhp to play with. Not many i bet, and did they do it all themselves or did they pay out silly money to a thrid party for even less bhp than that.

These days 600-750bhp seems to be the magic numbers for what's regarded as really decent power and maybe something special, although i still say 500 would be nice.
Old 03 Feb 2009, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

yep, think your right.

most true 500bhp builds come in around the 12-15k mark depending on spec. so still a 50% saving.

somethign to bear in mind though is 500bhp is beyond the limit of the standard blocks which is y the cost jumps.
Old 03 Feb 2009, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

I suppose i'm quite lucky in that respect. The STi8 i run in my wagon although it has standard internals it will run 400-430bhp all day long. They are known for being particularly strong. I've heard of one STi8 from a chap that runs a rolling road down south that was putting out just over 500bhp on std internals and has been doing so now for a couple of years.

However, i have costed up the price of forged internals and ancilliary bits that will take a damn site more than 500bhp(c.800bhp-1000bhp) and by doing the rebuild myself it's still going to cost me the thick end of 10K to do it properly. That doesn't include modified STi 6spd gearbox, flywheel and clutch kit to handle the torque, bigger and better brakes and a complete suspension upgrade.

Scooby owners just love the punishment. Why do we do it?? Modding your scoob is like a tube of pringles........once you start you just can't stop!!

Last edited by ScoobieWRX; 03 Feb 2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Bloody Typo's!!
Old 05 Feb 2009, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to gordon1

the thing is that yes 500 bhp is not hard to get now days
but getting a true 500 is
i am not saying that the 500bhp cars out there are not
but there is far to many people give shity figures that are not true
this is all my thoughts
Old 06 Feb 2009, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd

close to 500bhp is achievable on standard internals on race fuel, a couple are out there.
Old 06 Feb 2009, 11:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Race fuel is wonderful stuff but none of us use that everyday....it's so damn expensive.

Another alternative to upping det suppression and increasing power is using a 5% or 10% mix of E85 to petrol. If your car is standard you can very safely run up to 5%-10% E85 mix in your fuel tank.

Subaru's run std maps very rich anyway and baring in mind at those percentages E85 will lean out the AFR's just a bit but you should still be within OEM safety margins without having to map the ECU and your motor will absolutely love it!!

I recommend this for imported JDM cars that haven't been mapped for UK fuel. Although they run very rich from std as do EDM cars they do tend to run a lot more timing and boost than UK cars because of their 100RON petrol so to make sure you avoid any detting on JDM's, even when running 99RON, the above mix of E85 to a tank of fuel will work wonders and save your engine from going bang as well as make full use of OEM map settings!!

You will notice the difference and it's better than BP Ultimate 102 race fuel (Bloody expensive and load of rubbish!!)