Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Automatic transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2006, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to stumeek
Automatic transmission

Just wondering if anyone on the site owns an automatic transmission Impreza,
or am I the only one? Just to put things straight, I only bought it due to a back problem that made it almost impossible to drive a manual due to a back injury.

Just want to know if any auto owners feel disappointed, I know I do, cos I cant get the car to do what I want it to do,when I want it to due to the gearbox.

I will freely admit that before my inury I was a hot hatch person, we got rid of a 172 cup for the Scoob. I just want a manual box, and find it so frustraiting, it just seems like artificial insemination, point and squirt, no interaction, you can feel the power, but it's not as fun on the winding roads. The auto box likes to change mid corner, or when you'd rather leave it a bit longer.

I love the car to bits, I'm just feeling a bit left out, and would like some one to say, yeah, I get that.

Just a small winge, but there must be more Auto owners out there.....

Please join the ............umm.....small uprising..........
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Sponsor
Paid & Proud

wife has a JDM Forester turbo 'auto'....................to be honest its not as bad as when i first started to drive it, but if you leave in "D" all day then you will have complaints

on a twisty road i tend to use 2 or 3, so that it holds the revs and makes the chassis work better, far better balanced.............

couple of guys in civic "R's" and turbo Audis will attest to how perky it is also...............LOL
Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to stumeek
Nice one, I'll have to give it a go, living where I am, there are plenty of twisty roads to play with.

Always nice to get one over on those screaming type 'R's.

Thanks for the advice