Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

i'm facing a driving ban!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2006, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

i'm facing a driving ban!

one of lifes little hickups i guess. been caught speeding 'too fast' on motorway. been waiting 12 agonizing days for a NIP to arrive. one stupid moment and gwent police entraped me. i'm ashamed to say the speed, it was stupid, so you may not be seeing much of me on here from now.
was travelling back from darlington, after meeting subaru guru harvey smith, and having numerous work done on car. all for nothing it seems. if any of you are in constnat worry over getting dents n scratches on your cars, put things into perspective, i certainly have.
this is my first ever driving penalty, always had a clean licence. still paying off the car, am afraid i may have to sell.
oh, and if you want to burn me alive over this, then go ahead, cause i've already roasted myself twenty times over already, so im already burnt to a crisp. just glad the notice of intended prosecution has finally arrived.
as i have always got so many questions to ask, heres a few......
do i keep no claims discount after a ban, or do i start from scratch?
by what percentage would a insurance premium rise by once i have a licence back after a ban?

bests regards BB. (flying faster than my guardian angel would ever dare to follow).
Old 10 Mar 2006, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Not good mate
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2006, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley
Not good mate
nope! barr humpbug!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

well i do know ur insurance will rise! and maybe by quite a little sum tbh with ya mate. but i think u will keep ur NCB. not 100% sure but thats wat i think

sorry to hear the news!

hope it all works out for ya
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtiz
well i do know ur insurance will rise! and maybe by quite a little sum tbh with ya mate. but i think u will keep ur NCB. not 100% sure but thats wat i think

sorry to hear the news!

hope it all works out for ya
cheers m8ty. pity i had to go over the half way mark on the speedometer, it was just too tempting.

Last edited by brumbrum; 10 Mar 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Sh1t that not good.....

Just a little ray of hope. Get a really good solicitor and if he can prove it would cause savere hardship you could keep ya licence...

Remember the guy in the paper that had 20 or 30 points but had kept licence due to severe hardship.

I also seem remember some solicitor offering his services and he had got many a celeb off of driving convictions... twas also in the paper a few weeks back

As you say one of lifes hic-cups

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
Sh1t that not good.....

Just a little ray of hope. Get a really good solicitor and if he can prove it would cause savere hardship you could keep ya licence...

Remember the guy in the paper that had 20 or 30 points but had kept licence due to severe hardship.

I also seem remember some solicitor offering his services and he had got many a celeb off of driving convictions... twas also in the paper a few weeks back

As you say one of lifes hic-cups
i think he charges massive fees, hence why only celebs use him. he exploited a loop hole in the law that you must be given video/photo evidence 1 week before the trial, and this does not often happen. i suppose its like being summonsed to court without being arrested, so you have not been given evidence of what you've commited??
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

If you get banned you will have to inform insurance companies WHEN you want to drive again. You can keep your insurance going even though banned so as to park on the road same as Tax. If you stop your insurance you only have so long before you loose your NCB. Not sure how long this period is.

We all speed thats why we have performance cars.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
If you get banned you will have to inform insurance companies WHEN you want to drive again. You can keep your insurance going even though banned so as to park on the road same as Tax. If you stop your insurance you only have so long before you loose your NCB. Not sure how long this period is.

We all speed thats why we have performance cars.
cheers bob, words of wisdom m8. thats the kind of info i need. i just do not want to lose the car. i've been in worse situations.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 09:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

It is a known fact the gwent police are the worst in the country for speeders. Think it is wales only sourse of income now the coal mines have gone....
Had a meet i wales some time back had cars bikes and helecopter chassing us.. Think they caught the last half dozen in convoy. The front runners were gone...
Old 10 Mar 2006, 09:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
It is a known fact the gwent police are the worst in the country for speeders. Think it is wales only sourse of income now the coal mines have gone....
Had a meet i wales some time back had cars bikes and helecopter chassing us.. Think they caught the last half dozen in convoy. The front runners were gone...
in wales, if they aint clocking the speed of your car, they are clocking the wheels on your car. not sure who are the bigger thieves, the ASBOS or the FUZZ.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 09:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Done some checking for you found this...
Quote:
I've got an MY00 Impreza Turbo. I'm 26, no accidents, 6 Years NCB but a DR10 (drink Drive) 3 years ago.

Years quote - 1069 Protected NCB or 780 NCB not protected. End Quote:

So this lad was banned for drink driving yet still kept his NCB. Most insurance companies seem to honour NCB for a 2 yr period.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 09:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Done some checking for you found this...
Quote:
I've got an MY00 Impreza Turbo. I'm 26, no accidents, 6 Years NCB but a DR10 (drink Drive) 3 years ago.

Years quote - £1069 Protected NCB or £780 NCB not protected. End Quote:

So this lad was banned for drink driving yet still kept his NCB. Most insurance companies seem to honour NCB for a 2 yr period.
suprised that after a drink drive ban he kept no claims. worse offence than than speeding. thats not a bad quote considering age and offence.
there maybe still some hope in keeping the scoob.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 10:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator

brum unsure if you were doing over 106mph (the ban point) im gussing you was. get an insurance quote from an online company with the details you would have... gives you an idea of the price...

good luck m8 - as bob said, we (im not admitting i have) have all done it at some point.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Young Scooby

we all do it mate.....the law is an arse...... you were unlucky as you got caught......good specailist solicitor. i'm 32 and ive had 21 penalty points all for speeding , never banned but i am sure it will happen one day.......keep scoob and pay the ins. you wont be happy otherwise......i funked the law and the law won.....good luck mate will keep my fingers crossed for you.