Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

0-60 with ppp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2006, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

0-60 with ppp?

i was wondering what sort of 0-60 time i was looking at with the ppp fitted to my sti my55
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2006, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Would have tought about low 4's
Old 24 Feb 2006, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

i honestly dont know but i would say 4.3 roughly
Old 24 Feb 2006, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Found this stevie.

The Standard 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type UK produces 261(.5) bhp at 6,000rpm (195 Kw) and 253lb ft (343 Nm) of torque at 4,000rpm. This propels the car to 60 mph in 5.2secs and pushes onto a top speed of 151mph.
With the £1,995 Prodrive performance pack you get an additional 40bhp (up to 301bhp /224 kw) and a further 46lb ft of torque (299lb ft /405 Nm). As a result 0-60mph is achieved (in 4.6secs), 0-100mph is reached in 12.2secs and top speed is quoted as “exceeds” 155mph.

Old 24 Feb 2006, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

It's also a knowen fact that the PPP doesn't produce the claimed output

i read a thread about why this is

i'll get the info
Old 24 Feb 2006, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Hope this helps

ust out of interest, I have a MY05 STI with PPP. This is supposed to be 300bhp. After reading many posts from members on this forum, saying that when they've put their car on some rollers, they never get anywhere near the stated 300BHP. More like 280 or less.
Does the ECU upgrade always give 300BHP to every car, or can individual cars vary in there BHP outputs..
Not a reply from Mike, but this might help explain things...
The PPP map looks at inlet tempuratures before the turbo, and ramps back the boost tagret if it gets hot. The std sti map and other re-maps do not use this safeguard.
Subaru
Technical Service Bulletin

Subject: PPP Tests
Model: Sti

We are becoming increasingly aware that owners of the above vehicles and others equipped with a PPP are taking their vehicles for a rolling road test and being advised of varying results on power output.

A rolling road test is very difficult to rely on to give an absolute figure of the output an engine is producing particularly when it is only possible to measure at the road wheels instead of the flywheel. There are also too many variables in how the test is undertaken including how much air is being blown at the car, which is rarely sufficient and the temperature at the intake/intercooler.

As a precaution against engine damage, the PPP is designed to reduce boost if the intake temperature becomes too high and this occurs as soon as 40 degrees is achieved. This can occur for example whilst a vehicle is parked for no more than a few minutes, even when the ambient temperature is low. For example, in a 4 degree ambient the intake temperature can rise to 51 degrees after 11 minutes with engine merely idling. This could easily happen prior to a vehicle being rolling road tested unless it was being monitored properly to ensure everything had re-stabilised, otherwise the engine power data obtained is unrepresentative.

When our supplier undertakes tests on rollers the figures quoted for a Sti (302bhp/305ps) are consistently obtained but this is only after making absolutely certain everything is as it should be before commencing. If the intake temperature is too high, a Sti will typically provide indications of only 285bhp/290ps very easily. An owner is then of the impression that his vehicle is under performing!

If you receive a complaint of this nature, the owner should be in a position to provide a rolling road test data log. Should it be apparent that the test was carried out with intake temperatures at or above 40 degrees an owner should be advised why the test results show a lower output than anticipated.
.................................................. .........................................
Old 24 Feb 2006, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

thanks for that guy`s made interesting Reading, the car certainly feels like my old p1 now, im happy with it any way
Old 24 Feb 2006, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

No worries it was a simple cut and paste of SN