Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

FAO Uk Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2006, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

FAO Uk Dave

What was the differnece with the Konis on your car?

You asked me the other day as a test
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2006, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Bump!

Bump!
Old 15 Feb 2006, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
you mean you could not answer it lol -a normal suspension kit for the impreza comes with either 4 coilovers or struts with seperate springs-not that this impresses me but i managed it, konis comes as inserts where you cut the std struts above the spring seat removing all innards and fluid, drill the base of the original strut drop the koni insert in then bolt through base of original strut to hold it secure, theres sleeves you get with it to make the insert fit snug at the top of the strut where youve cut it,then drop spring bk over top re assemble as complete struts job done. Were me only real option coz of the ride height /18`s and money i had available at the time, think they were 500 quid which aint bad for top adjustables an 40mm lower could have got some cheap coilovers but really rate koni`s-just waiting for em to do a coilover kit for the impreza an im there.

to help ya better understand it check this pic where its been cut all that inside part goes in the bin

then these inserts drop down into the strut housing-see the threaded bases where they bolt through the base of original strut(know they aint scooby inserts but same principal)

click
Old 15 Feb 2006, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Bloody hell thats a bit involved innit
Old 15 Feb 2006, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Dave you have pm..
Old 15 Feb 2006, 08:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink
Bloody hell thats a bit involved innit
nah cool with that mate-aint as hard as it sounds trust me.more stress puttin 6x9`s in rear shelf to be honest but then again probably lowered around 30 cars so it were only the cuttin bit that were new to me-were a bit worrying at the time coz if ya fcuk up ya gotta get another strut from somewhere lol but after i`d done the first it were cool.