Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Car wash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to UK300 Lee
Car wash

Not having the best luck at the moment, at lunch went to the car wash!! usually use the jet wash and brush but didnt want to ge my suit all dirty, so took it through the machine, all was going tfine till it stopped at the back in between the back window and the spoiler. After sitting in my car for a couple of minutes (seemed like ages) the fellow comes over resets machine and asks if i would like my money back or another wash, so me being me asked for another wash, but gold this time as for the inconveinance,
So drove in again and it happend again!!! so i have been asked never to use the carwash,
the thing is my car always goes through one of them before and my rear spoiler is small, the uk300 one with the sloping outer bits, has this happend to you before or anybody else!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2006, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

have heard this before - lucky the safety mechansim worked as could have pulled your spoiler off

Only car was i used was an IMO drive through one way/// i.e. the brushes go one way only and thats from front to back of car.

Back to the jet wash hey!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
looks standard doesnt it

Send a message via MSN to pete higham
hand job only m8
Old 19 Jan 2006, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete higham
hand job only m8
Get yourself a girlfriend m8 then she can do it for you

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 19 Jan 2006, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
looks standard doesnt it

Send a message via MSN to pete higham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
just got rid of 1 m8 (i choose the car)

it will have to do
Old 19 Jan 2006, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
car wash......... u take your scooby through car washes
bodywork/shine-hello scratches and swirls you must be mad !!!! ( uk300 in distress)

hand wash only, took me 106gti through one way bk coz it was absolutely caked in salt never again had a look the next day,scratch city level with the wheel wash brushes right down the car-i was gripped as u can imagine, dont even jet wash mine-whats the point in blowing the polish off-and it does to an extent ,washing your scooby should almost be like rubbing baby lotion in to the girl of your dreams pmsl ok it aint that good(not even close )but u get where im coming from(so to speak) lol-however i live for cars full stop and am a genuine enthusiast who generally goes to stupid lengths to make me scooby mint-realise other ppl dont have the time an oh yer strangely enough im single -wonder why ........not-car always comes first !!!!!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
Glad I just wash the car myself (note the phrasing ) and have a girl friend at the same time...

Winner for both ways!! (or will I get a dirty come back on that one?)
Old 19 Jan 2006, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

You are really lucky actually, here's a funny story for you......

One warm summer night many moons ago as i was cruising around Aberdeen beach boulevard in my VW Polo (first car, dont slag! lol) my brother decided to do absolutly hilarious (he says sarcasticaly) and throw a 2ltr bottle of coke over my nice shiny car!! (i did deserve it tho, lets just say it involved a water pistol and a lot of water). So as you do when you get coke (pretty much 100% acid) on your car, you go to your nearest petrol station before you paint start to sizzle and fall off, so i did... I went for a very expensive Gold Wash, with wash, wax and dry, and being in a rush i didn't remember about my bee-sting ariel... and well, that dryer gets pretty close to your car... so im sitting there watching this dryer go over my roof and all of a sudden BANG!!!!!! When i got out of the car wash i found my ariel bent over and snapped out of its threaded hole!

I feel it would be too abusive to describe what happened to my brother next, so i will leave it at that! hehe!

Mark!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

OMG... I would NEVER take my car through a car wash....

Think yourself lucky you still have the spoiler on it..... lesson to be learnt here I think....

Get out the hose pipe... :p
Old 19 Jan 2006, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia uk300
OMG... I would NEVER take my car through a car wash....

Think yourself lucky you still have the spoiler on it..... lesson to be learnt here I think....

Get out the hose pipe... :p
Or pay someone else to do it for you?!
Old 20 Jan 2006, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

car wash is ok for those people who lead BUSY BUSY lives!

You can easily take swirls out with some good polish - Like Poor Boys http://www.jwccp.co.uk
Old 20 Jan 2006, 03:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to UK300 Lee
Yeah i thought i was lucky as well, trust me people i would love to spend time cleaning and waxing my car but location is the problem, where i live at the moment the car is a good 200 yards from the house im renting, im eeven nervous about that as the area is bad, so no running water.
Im looking at the moment for my own place as i have been left alot of money and looking for a house with a double garage, so i can at least clean the car if the weather is bad.
The car before this was a mk2 golf gti which as it was red and about 12 years old needed polishing once a week which i did religously....
Lesson has been learnt, some fellows have shown me a little hand wash place for 5 and they do a really good job, even gave them the wonder wheels stuff to do the wheels really well.
Off work in a bit, have a good weekend evreybody, and be carefull..

Lee
Old 20 Jan 2006, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to BIG GRINDER!
Hi Always washed by hand My Alloys would scrape on the track to guide the wheels.

A hand job is alway going to be better than any machine

Kev
Old 20 Jan 2006, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Thats not good mate.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 07:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I will never use an automated car wash, why.....................We had cases in Poole/Bournemouth a few years ago where nice people had tied nuts (As in bolts) to the rotating brush fibres!

Although it was not my car, my mind has been scarred