Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Much help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jan 2006, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to UK300 Lee
Much help needed

Got pulled by the police!!! my fault... my tax had run out, but then he told me they checked and i have no insurance!! rang my insurance company and they have been sending letters to me in my old address and becuase they couldnt contact me they have cancelled my insurance... i do have mot. i have a producer to show my docs.

What do i do!!! i am in a whole world of trouble
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2006, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi mate, I do feel for you. As you know, you do have a legal obligation to inform ins co, and dvla, when you move address. Have you informed dvla?, ie receive a tax renewal form recently? If so, then it could be argued that you had notified all the relevant parties by writing. But for what ever reason, you have never received an acknowledgement from the ins company, so that you were going to leave it a reasonable time period, before writing again, esp with the xmas post etc!!
However, this may all be immaterial, if you have admitted implied guilt to the police at the time, as anything you say can be used against you.
I assume by now, you have made contact with the insurance company??

There is a damn good book written by an ex traffic cop, called 'the drivers survival handbook', ads in most car mags. Really good info, to get you out of a lot of situations, parking fines, speed fines, and road law.

Good luck, let us know, how you get on, Steve
Old 10 Jan 2006, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK300 Lee
Got pulled by the police!!! my fault... my tax had run out, but then he told me they checked and i have no insurance!! rang my insurance company and they have been sending letters to me in my old address and becuase they couldnt contact me they have cancelled my insurance... i do have mot. i have a producer to show my docs.

What do i do!!! i am in a whole world of trouble

Thats not so good m8 - Hopefully youll get off with a fine! Probably end in court appearance - dress up smart hey!

GET YOURSELF INSURED ASAP YOU could really be in the shit if you had an accident!
Old 11 Jan 2006, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

i told the police man i had insurance when i was in the back of his car as i was 100% sure i did. Ive rang the insurance company and they said because they have been trying to contact me at my old address and couldnt get hold of me they cancelled my insurance!!!! i sent them a letter with my new address and extra docs they wanted but they said they havent recieved it, they also said they tried calling my mobile once...
i have been to the local police to show my docs, well mot only and the lady was helpfull, the tax i will just get an 80 fine plus the one month i owe, as for the insurance, i will recieve a letter soon saying i can except the charge and get 6points and 200 fine or go to court, not sure what to do, im guilty of no insurance but i was under the impression i was insured, but it could get worse if i go to court, if i was driving a mondeo he might be kind but even if i was suited and booted and reads out i have subaru impreza he will think boy racer, and there cracking down on boy racers in reading at the moment.

will have to wait and see... will get that book anyway, might have some really usefull info, dam it ,that means i have to buy a max power mag!!!
Old 14 Jan 2006, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

hi mate, I would take legal advice asap, as by the sounds of it, you weren't driving like the 'stig' around the town centre, so you can't be attacked in court for misbehaving!! How long a time period, from address change are we talking? 2 months or 2 years?? Cos the 1st can be put down to a clinical error, the 2nd, you better bend over and lube up!!!!! The 'bible' will be consulted, and i'll see what it throws up. I think you have case!! Will get back to you
Old 14 Jan 2006, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Ps You won't ave to lower yourself and get max power!! Its always plugged in my fav car mag ' evo' its bowt 20 and you get a free 'beat the traffic warden guide'. Or is it 'beat up the traffic warden'?? Can't remember!!!

R u sure you weren't filming a' getaway in Reading' Special, inspired by the stockholm boys?? Christ, any1 can outrun 2 traffic cops, if you stick em in a volvo 240 'milkfloat', trying to pull you over with ping pong bats!!!!
Although, it does create a smile when you see 300+ bhp blast away from em!! Highly irresponsible tho, wouldn't reccommend it !! he he
Old 18 Jan 2006, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

A getaway!!! are you mad.... it was a vauxhall omega, probaly a 3 litre, suped and plus all trafic cops are advanced drivers and im not.. car tax was out by 1 month and moved house 2 months ago, im still waiting for that horrible letter to arrive, been a week now, hate not knowing
Old 19 Jan 2006, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Mate, i take it you aint seen getaway in stockholm?? tv trash available from all good halfords!! Unfortunately, The british police have better cars!!!!! Ave you spoken to a solicitor? you can ave free 30mins consultation, i think it would be worth it!!!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

i havent actually seen it, tempted too though. its one of those things i bet evreybody who has a fast car would love to do is see if they can outrun the police.
In theory, who reckons they could do it if the police didnt have a chopper on you and dont use stingers, ok and there are lets say 3 police cars behind you, vauxhall omega 3.0, bmw 5 series and the volvo estate 850 t5.

Lee
Old 19 Jan 2006, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Mate, im an emergency service response trained driver( advanced driving with focus on breaking those speed limits, safely,and responsibly.Good larf wen im he mood to play, off duty(responsibly of course). I once had an mgzs180, and made a supra, and a skyline look v silly on country roads, corners and bends. Ive even blasted past a 911 in my other halves ka, cos he backed off for a biggie!!! The jaw drop is worth it alone!! Traffic boys r a whole different league from me, they r the best trained drivers in the country. They could chase your sti's down with a fiesta, GITS! They have fear removed from brain!!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 05:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
looks standard doesnt it

Send a message via MSN to pete higham
u wouldnt catch me in a fiesta

good point tho m8
Old 02 Feb 2006, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Its been 2 weeks now and i havent heard anything from anybody!! wondering if its a good thing or a bad thing!!

Lee
Old 02 Feb 2006, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Scoobies
they may have sent it to the other address
Old 02 Feb 2006, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

i knew someone was going to say that, give yourself a pat on the back for being first!!!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Its been 4 weeks now... still heard nothing from the police..... wonder if i have got away with it