Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Subaru World Rally Team Store malpractices... My experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2005, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to torrekens
Subaru World Rally Team Store malpractices... My experience

Word of warning on the Subaru World Rally Team Store.

I put an order in a good month ago (28 october) for goods worth about 80,-GBP in total.

I got a classical order confirmation from them with shipping costs etc.

Today they call me to say they want 24 GBP EXTRA as their internetsite is misquoting the shipping costs... The site so calls takes in account only the address, not the weight (and it's up to the customer to pay for that 'underestimation' off course)

It took them a month first a month to figure this out. Next they treat you like shit if you explain to them it is not the customer's problem that their internet site quotes wrong prices.

Be warned when you want to order stuff from them ! You might not get what you were quoted for ! (Stay away and warn your friends is the message)
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2005, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
in balance ive had stuff from them a while ago without problems-realise they could have got in touch straight away about the shipping costs but u know what customer service is like these days-im usually suprised when i get stuff without problems so im easily pleased lol-when ur used to buying car stuff you tend to get used to the odd problem.(guessing they gave you chance to cancel the order so dont really see a problem u were just unlucky)
Old 07 Dec 2005, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Personal view of poster

Simple:

1. Giving somebody a low landed cost to make him/her place an order to then increase the price after his order is accepted is a serious trade malpractice and illegal.

2. They probably bank on the idea that you want the stuff as Xmas presents and 'lock you into the sale' by waiting long before disclosing the problem. Hence they do not give you any chance anymore to browse around to other shops to order your goods. That way they hope you'll go ahead with the order anyway.

3. If you do need to change the conditions of a sale, you should send the issue in writing to the customer (and where possible offer a 'middle of the road' solution) rather than call him in a very arrogant way and hang up if he refuses to agree to your price increase.

My main concern for using such firm again is that, as with every internet sale, you don't see the goods as they leave the shop. So they can be damaged or you can receive the wrong stuff. If they are already not willing to correct mistakes before dispatching the goods... :no:
Old 07 Dec 2005, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Got to say my personal experience with them has always been good. Must of spent close to 500 with them with no problem.

Lets hope yours is an isolated case....

Must agree that the delay in notifying you is unacceptable and because of the delay in identifying the problem they should have taken it on the chin and covered the extra postage costs themselves (my personal opinion and not the sites)

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 08 Dec 2005, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

>|<>QBB&l:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
Got to say my personal experience with them has always been good. Must of spent close to 500 with them with no problem.

Must agree that the delay in notifying you is unacceptable and because of the delay in identifying the problem they should have taken it on the chin and covered the extra postage costs themselves (my personal opinion and not the sites)
Shows how a company can be OK if you don't hit problems but if you do, they act like complete @rses.

Hit the nail on the head though. When I misquote one of my clients because of a lack of expertise from my side, I have to cut myself.
There are obviously cases whereby the customer should know a mistake could have happened in a quote (e.g. if postage cost quoted had been 1 GBP or so). But in this case I was given a perfectly normal quote with 14 GBP or so of postage.
Old 08 Dec 2005, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

>|<>QBB&l:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
I completely agree with you on this point. You should inform them that the delay in contacting you was completely unacceptable and as such they should honour the original agreement. Don't accept anything else.................. :x

Dave
Old 08 Dec 2005, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Thats not good practice. I was under the assumption that once an order had been agreed that is what you pay - end of...

If an item is under priced in a shop and take it to the till you normally get it for the underpriced item (some law somewhere) Trading standards etc.

Same story as most compnaied though... Great when they work.... Real bad when they dont!