Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

7" touch screen on my '96 wrx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2005, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

7" touch screen on my '96 wrx

Hi all, can anyone advise me on getting the sat nav changed from japanese to english on a kenwood 7" touch screen.the radio has been expanded to recieve british radio and the osd is all in english but the sat nav option is in japanese.
anyone know anything about these systems?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Dec 2005, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to mr freeze
hi mate & welcome to the site ,,,,

have you tried going onto te kenwood web site mate for a look around ........?? :wink:
Old 01 Dec 2005, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

touch screen

thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome! this is my first scoobie and i'm hoping it will be a good one! n reg 38'000 miles totally standard and not a mark on it.the system i mentioned is already in it,i'll try the kenwood site.the bloke i bought it off said i can get an sd card with some data on it that will enable the system but he didn't know any more.maybe somone has bought one of these cards and could tell me where i could get one.
Old 01 Dec 2005, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Hi & Welcome to .org jerf

N reg with 38'000 miles it sounds like a nice motor & all the best with your sat nav problem.

Old 08 Dec 2005, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Just a thought here. Does the SatNav run off a DVD, as if so the DVD maybe in Japanese and buying a UK version may solve the problem?

Are the rest of the menus on the headunit in Japanese?

Dave
Old 08 Dec 2005, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

the sat nav may well run off a dvd! the menu's have been expanded so that they are all in english now as has the radio which now picks up all british radio stations although radio 1 seems to be on 88.9 rather than 98.5 to 98.9?? the unit also has a tv tuner built in and although i can get some staticky sound i cannot get any tv stations,the ariel is on the back window.the dvd player is under the pasenger seat and has a slot for some kind of sd card? maybe this will allow the dvd player to play dvd's if i can get a card with the correct software? anyone have any ideas.i looked on the kenwood site but found nothing...
Old 08 Dec 2005, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

the sat nav may well run off a dvd! the menu's have been expanded so that they are all in english now as has the radio which now picks up all british radio stations although radio 1 seems to be on 88.9 rather than 98.5 to 98.9?? the unit also has a tv tuner built in and although i can get some staticky sound i cannot get any tv stations,the ariel is on the back window.the dvd player is under the pasenger seat and has a slot for some kind of sd card? maybe this will allow the dvd player to play dvd's if i can get a card with the correct software? anyone have any ideas.i looked on the kenwood site but found nothing...
Old 08 Dec 2005, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby