Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Still searching for an impreza
View Poll Results: Does it suck for me that the early model pre 2002 imprezas (in the US) have no turbos and i will hav
YES, it certainly does. 4 44.44%
NO, because Your in the UK and have a turbo anyway. 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2005, 05:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Still searching for an impreza

I have been looking everywhere for a sweet Impreza 5spd 2 door for cheap... the search continues! Im in the northeast US and there isn't shit here... all autos 1999 rs's are 10,000-12,000 $ dollars i want an earlier one b/c im gonna mod it alot.. i wish i could import one, but my state is changing their emission laws to california spec the strictest ever... damn californians... the search continues! wish me luck.

peace, DS (in the US)

PS, since you can import cars... i will share with you a pretty good JAP auction site i found
www.gocarcars.com dont know if any of you know it... it looks like they have good prices and are legitimate so take a look?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2005, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Hi, DS

Itís a shame the US didnít have the Turbo engine in the pre 2002 RS Impreza but it did have the cool 2.5 engine the UK never had the 2.5 if thatís any consolation to you.
Good luck with finding a good manual RS sedan.

I donít know this auction site but thanks for the link.

Old 19 Oct 2005, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

yea well you actually can import anything you want.. I have to prove significant historical value and the car has to be like 25 years old, or i can import it for race only and not drive on street. but i want a daily driver.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

A friend of mine exports Skylines to the USA. Im sure he can find you something if you want
Old 25 Oct 2005, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money
A friend of mine exports Skylines to the USA. Im sure he can find you something if you want
how EXACTLY does he or his customers get around customs...? i would love to know! because all i have heard is speculation of changing VIN numbers... stuff like that.