Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

New Subaru Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2016, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

New Subaru Owner

Hello Everyone

Just bought myself an Import 1994 WRX Impreza Auto Wagon, would just like to understand where it stacks up against the uk versions and any pointers you might be able to give me on possible common issues you might be aware of. Am I right in thinking there are no versions of Impreza turbo in Auto produced in the uk.

Also I seem to have a slight water leak when its rained, in the boot, ive re-sealed the rear lights where part of the problem was but really struggling to understand where the rest is getting through ? Any ideas Gents ?

Last edited by Sadact2016; 05 Feb 2016 at 01:05 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2016, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Re: New Subaru Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadact2016 View Post
Hello Everyone

Just bought myself an Import 1994 WRX Impreza Auto Wagon, would just like to understand where it stacks up against the uk versions and any pointers you might be able to give me on possible common issues you might be aware of. Am I right in thinking there are no versions of Impreza turbo in Auto produced in the uk.

Also I seem to have a slight water leak when its rained, in the boot, ive re-sealed the rear lights where part of the problem was but really struggling to understand where the rest is getting through ? Any ideas Gents ?
Has it got an after market spoiler fitted as it could be leaking through the bolt holes.

You could place a camera or put some in the car near the area where it is leaking and use a hose to spray water over it for a while to find the leak. See video below.

https://youtu.be/tecuW9cB-Xk?t=10m5s

Last edited by alunian; 05 Feb 2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: incorrect word
Offline   Reply With Quote