Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Need help with an action plan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2014, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Need help with an action plan

So I'm new here but not new to forums. Since I'm new ill lend some background about myself. I'm 18 years old working and going to school are my main time takers now. Currently I'm a certified firefighter and emt once I graduate paramedic school my plan for my next car is. 2005 Subaru impreza wrx still. Well I have plans on making it seem like a sleeper.

Plans include.
Larger turbo
Large intercooler
Stiffed suspension (same ride height)
Bored out engine
Twin exhausts (one with stock muffler one with performance)
Probably a 3.5 inch exhaust
Sequential twin turbos would be nice
Larger injectors and fuel rails.
Now that all seems simple I want to keep stock look. Everything on that list ID like to have under electronic control. Boost pressure fuel consumption even a gate between the two exhausts go switch between performance and street. Any suggestions?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2014, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Need help with an action plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdgme View Post
So I'm new here but not new to forums. Since I'm new ill lend some background about myself. I'm 18 years old working and going to school are my main time takers now. Currently I'm a certified firefighter and emt once I graduate paramedic school my plan for my next car is. 2005 Subaru impreza wrx still. Well I have plans on making it seem like a sleeper.

Plans include.
Larger turbo
Large intercooler
Stiffed suspension (same ride height)
Bored out engine
Twin exhausts (one with stock muffler one with performance)
Probably a 3.5 inch exhaust
Sequential twin turbos would be nice
Larger injectors and fuel rails.
Now that all seems simple I want to keep stock look. Everything on that list ID like to have under electronic control. Boost pressure fuel consumption even a gate between the two exhausts go switch between performance and street. Any suggestions?
WTF, you want a larger turbo and twin turbo setup ?
And whats all this 1 stock exhaust and 1 performance ?

Id stick to the cracker jack tokens mate.
Old 08 Sep 2014, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Does he not mean an exhaust that has a butterfly valve in to keep the noise down until it hits a certain rpm or like one of the Prodrive Aston martin exhausts that could control the butterfly valve with a button?
Old 09 Sep 2014, 05:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

First. No need to insult we all have our own dreams. Okay let me state my reasoning for my setup. I specifically want this to be a track car/Show car. But also remain street legal. The sequential twin turbo is for better boost in both high and low RPMs Kinda like the Legacy GT has. I said keeping the stock one with a larger one because i have yet to know what MM the turbo is. It Would actually probably more efficient to find a smaller turbo for the lower RPMS instead of using the stock one. I don't want people to Suspect a high powered STI rolling up to the tree or when showing it off. Ever seen the movie Born 2 Race? Well the Buick grand national had an exhaust dump valve. I wanted a setup like that. So I could remain silent whenever driving it around. Also an ECU controller that could control Everything from A/F ratios fuel pressure and Boost Pressure. Everybody loves the sound of a turbo. But after hearing it whine for a hour of driving gets sort of annoying and just sounds obnoxious especially driving 5mph in a parking lot. is it going to cost a lot of money? Yes so i don't want to hear its expensive. Like i said earlier a track/Show car a project car. Something that seems stock but has some anger to let out. Make sense now?
Old 09 Sep 2014, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdgme View Post
Okay let me state my reasoning for my setup. I specifically want this to be a track car/Show car. But also remain street legal. I don't want people to Suspect a high powered STI rolling up to the tree or when showing it off. Ever seen the movie Born 2 Race? Well the Buick grand national had an exhaust dump valve. I wanted a setup like that. So I could remain silent whenever driving it around.
Yeah I've seen Born 2 Race and the exhaust has a butterfly valve controlled with a button.
Born 2 Race Franks race - YouTube

Came across these for the impreza
Reverend's Sti exhaust cutout - YouTube
Subaru STI Varex Muffler - YouTube

hope this helps and good luck with the project.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

If you want big power, you might be better off buying an sti as the base and making it look like a wrx if you want to hide it. Change the rear spoiler, side skirts, front spats and scoop, would probably be cheaper that way too.