Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Grey Scoobies, does anyone know why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Grey Scoobies, does anyone know why?

hi, ive just sold my last car and looking to buy a scooby, i have about 6k to play with, ive decided on what year im looking for and millage, etc etc but ive been trying to decide on what colour i want, and i saw a really nice gun metal grey one drive past me and looked really smart, quite subtle in a way and thats what im after but i just cant see any grey ones for sale!! its just silvers whites blues and blacks, can anyone shed any light on this? is it a limited edition?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2005, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via MSN to KaraK
Hi and welcome to the site!

Chances are it was an RB5 as they were the only ones done in that colour, yes they are limited edition so there arent many around and no I very much doubt you'd get one for 6k I'm afraid!

See this thread for some pics: http://subaru-impreza.org/subarutalk...7bacb9c9f2f5e5
Old 24 Aug 2005, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

shame cause it looked really classy, i think im just gonna go for a black one, cant go wrong with black really can u
Old 24 Aug 2005, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to triplezoney
Pick up a decent RB5 for around 7 to 8k if your lucky at the moment :cry:
See also http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=5046

Old 24 Aug 2005, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Nice colour Black 8)

the STi 5 & 6 had a grey colour.

Old 25 Aug 2005, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

that is the nicest scooby ive ever seen, nice a subtle. **** it ill just wait til i come across a grey one, no point settling for second best is there??? im in no rush to buy,i sold my last car yesterday and today bought a nissan micra for 50 !!!! literally to get from a to b, quite a nice change no worrying abouy fag burns or kurbing the alloys!!! and driving round in a car worth less than ur jeans is quite a statement i think !!!
ive got 6grand so i shud be able to afford a rb5 but will the insurance be more?
Old 25 Aug 2005, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
if you did manage to pick up a rb5 for 6k mate id be amazed and frankly it aint going to be a good example of an impreza at that price your going to be looking at high mileage maybe abused(not that im saying imprezas arent thrashed but roughly treated car because to be honest theyre worth more than that)cant see you finding one meself.eg example of good one http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/43822.htm
Old 25 Aug 2005, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

just my luck, could get a re spray i spose but i cant really be bothered, itll have to be black i spose, dont like the silver ones and they seem to be the most common