Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning

Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/)
-   Subaru Impreza Discussions (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/subaru-impreza-discussions/)
-   -   Nurburgring Suspension (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/subaru-impreza-discussions/105990-nurburgring-suspension.html)

lukemaugey 19 Mar 2012 03:47 PM

Nurburgring Suspension
 
Hi All,

I currently have coilies on my STi and I am in need of some new ones, looking at BC racing ones!

However I am going to the Nurburgring next year and I have been told a standard set up and whiteline anti-roll bar is the best path to go down ?

Can anyone shed some light and advice ?

Thanks
Luke :D

Tidgy 19 Mar 2012 05:21 PM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
depends on how much you want to spend, got kyb adjustables and eibache lowering spring son mine, dont trust bc coilovers myself, so many complaints about nocking etc

lukemaugey 19 Mar 2012 06:22 PM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
Ahhh gotcha, BC look nice but wont get them if they have bad reviews :(

Tidgy 20 Mar 2012 08:11 AM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukemaugey (Post 415944)
Ahhh gotcha, BC look nice but wont get them if they have bad reviews :(

seems to depends who you ask, i know a couple of companies that supplied them way before they ever appered on scoobynet as the next 'must have' hyped up product, both companies dropped them due to problems with them.

there is the other issue of do you need coilover? most folks never change the settings so there a waste of time.

lukemaugey 20 Mar 2012 04:21 PM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 415952)
seems to depends who you ask, i know a couple of companies that supplied them way before they ever appered on scoobynet as the next 'must have' hyped up product, both companies dropped them due to problems with them.

there is the other issue of do you need coilover? most folks never change the settings so there a waste of time.

Basically I have 225/40/18 's so the standard suspension is useless because it rubs constantly, and I want best of both worlds (impossible I know :( )

would you say standard set up and smaller wheels is better handling than 18's with coilies around the nurburgring ??

Tidgy 20 Mar 2012 06:29 PM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukemaugey (Post 415965)
Basically I have 225/40/18 's so the standard suspension is useless because it rubs constantly, and I want best of both worlds (impossible I know :( )

would you say standard set up and smaller wheels is better handling than 18's with coilies around the nurburgring ??

yep, 18's sacrafice some of the handeling for looks

jd 20 Mar 2012 06:34 PM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
The BC coilover issue has bee resolved with alternative top mounts.

lukemaugey 20 Mar 2012 09:51 PM

Re: Nurburgring Suspension
 
Oh wow, I thought the coilies would give it better handling????

BC coilies it may be then !!! :getin


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177