Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Hawkeye STi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2012, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hawkeye STi

Okk chaps I bit the bullet and bought myself a shiny Hawkeye Sti. It a beauty and so glad now that I upgraded my car. I had previously a classic 2000 turbo w reg which was a great car but wanted more power, and decided against remap etc.

I just wanted to share my experiences and ask a couple of questions.

The classic was much nimbler and easier to throw around corners. I'm still getting used to the STi so this may change. I thought the classic liked a drink, the STi is virtually an alchie!

The STi feels so much more like a modern even though its only 5 years younger. It just has that presence where the classic didn't (except for those in the know).

Q1 should the clutch be so heavy? I thought the clutch was heavy on my classic but beats it there. My mate who has an evo9 says his clutch is light. Wondering if clutch is on its last legs but at 35k on the clock is this likely?

Q2 where can I get a panel to fit over the double din head unit? I don't want it showing all the time.

Q3 where do most people have the DCCD at throughout the day? So far I've only played in auto and green.

Thanks fellas for any input.
Offline   Reply With Quote