Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Saxo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2005, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to UK300 Lee
Saxo's

Last night on my way home, i came to a set of traffic lights, infront of me was a saxo kitted up with an exhaust you can fit a dog into and with 3 fella's in it, they all looked back smiling and laughing as the driver was reving his engine. I couldnt resist.
The lights changed and he shot off, being in subaru it wasnt much of a challenge i was keeping up with him, the road widend so i flew past him to and was about to turn right down my road, he pulled up beside me and wind down his window and started gobbing off calling me a wa$ker and getting very angry saying "your a f£cking c*nt, youve got a bigger engine than me, im going to F*ckin kill you.
So why in the first place did he start revving his little saxo engine till it nearly exploded at the lights, i think it must be small car syndrome but it is making me a bit weary of the next meeting i have when someone wants to play.....
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2005, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to triplezoney
I'd have taken his picture with my phone or started recording it :evil:
Then you can post it on here, but you've also got some evidence if anything happens :twisted:

Anyone driving a Saxo deserves a good whoopin :wink:
Old 10 Aug 2005, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Shows what muppets are out there - you be careful!
Why ask for a drag if they are going to get so sh*itty??
Old 10 Aug 2005, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to stevehulluk
wouldn't have wasted the fuel on a saxo :wink:
Old 10 Aug 2005, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

I thought of that afterwards, as there arnt many 2001 uk300 with a S300 number plate, would be my worst nightmare if my car got damaged. He still wasnt brave enough to get out of his car and have a go which is wise... but a scrot like that probaly would damage the car if he had a chance
Old 10 Aug 2005, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

As John said muppets mate :wink:

Old 10 Aug 2005, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

Your all right, i think i will probaly try steve's solution, dont waste fuel on saxo's. I think i will extend the list to anything below 2.0. Going with a friend from work to the evo garage, he is taking a test drive in a grey evo 8 320 with black wheels and i going along for the ride. Even though evo's are rivals to subaru's they are fantastic looking cars. Will post later what the test drive was like.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

evo's are awesome, my mate russ has got a 04 evo fq400 8) took it with us to a scooby meet & all the scooby owners were drooling over it :gun:
Old 10 Aug 2005, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

This w*nker in a Not So Smart Car hit the central reservation of a pedestrain crossing smashed his front wheel/ suspension (look at the front wheel its 6" higher than it should be!!!) and carrered @90º into the side of my car on the other side of the road - he was completely p*ssed - and I called the Police as he got really lary and abusive - all I had done was be in the wrong place at the wrong time - he got very threatening pushing me and my young son arround looking for a fight - when the Police arrived they said don't bother with the threatening behavoir - he's in enough poo as it is - he was taken to cool of in the Police van you can see in the corner of the pic - he's had to pay (or at least his insurance) for the damage to my Scoob and £1100 for my injuries. People like this are the reason Phil has to pay so much for his insurance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg not_very_smart_car_158.jpg (25.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 10 Aug 2005, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

looks fine to me :?
Old 10 Aug 2005, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

unlucky john, why was he getting angry when it was his fault? and threating you infront of your little one is bang out of order, hope he had a horrible time in the back of wagon with an old style police man...
Old 10 Aug 2005, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Yea - it looks ok from that angle but the front wheel is realy mullered and smashed right into the arch - so much so it could not be towed away they had to get a crane - they are realy strong little things - nice to know my scoob slowed him down big time, he wasen't wearing a belt and the other side of me was the pavement with dozens of people comming out of work (5.30pm) so I got little thanks for saving him or possibly a few others - he was doing 40 - 45mph! I know accidents happen but his attitude was sh*tty and as you said Lee infront of my tiddler.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
Paid & Proud

oh my god, just been out in the evo 340, what a car, the accerleration is out of this world and the handling is superb. very jealous of work collegue. The sound is of the exhaust and engine is deafining. The only downside to the evo is the inside, very basic but suppose its a drivers car rather than a family mobile.

Need to get a extra 120bhp out of my UK300.....
Old 10 Aug 2005, 06:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
This w*nker in a Not So Smart Car hit the central reservation of a pedestrain crossing smashed his front wheel/ suspension (look at the front wheel its 6" higher than it should be!!!) and carrered @90º into the side of my car on the other side of the road - he was completely p*ssed - and I called the Police as he got really lary and abusive - all I had done was be in the wrong place at the wrong time - he got very threatening pushing me and my young son arround looking for a fight - when the Police arrived they said don't bother with the threatening behavoir - he's in enough poo as it is - he was taken to cool of in the Police van you can see in the corner of the pic - he's had to pay (or at least his insurance) for the damage to my Scoob and £1100 for my injuries. People like this are the reason Phil has to pay so much for his insurance!
This is why EVERYONE gets stuffed when buying insurance mate.. The people who crash alot makes it harder for us that dont to get insurance on higher powered cars.. Utter bastards!! Still, what good is moaning about it? Nothing will ever change :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear about your car Johnboy Hope it gets fixed up soon
Old 18 Aug 2005, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

I won't tell you what other car apart from my '00 classic turbo then...