Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

No power

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2011, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

No power

Hi just need some advice really. I have just bought a 95 import wrx. bought the car standard bar exhaust and wheels so fresh project, only downside was the fuel gauge decided to stop working . I changed the ecu to one i had already which was superchipped and have now changed the rad to an alloy rad and silicon hoses. The system seems like it is fully bled and the first test run i took the car went well. When i got back i let the car rest and then decided to take her out again, and it felt like the car was running out of fuel as i would press the accelorator and the pedal would sink to the floor with the car going no where? Any ideas, mate said to check that all the hoses were on tightly or that a wire hadnt come loose. Any suggestions which hoses to check or which wires, as there are plenty lol. Any help would be greatly welcome. Regs Gareth
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2011, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: No power

I'd try the old ecu first to see if that helps
Old 13 Sep 2011, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: No power

Il give that a shot. I have put about 10 litres of fuel in the car with injector cleaner, problem still there, i havent changed the ecu yet, will do next couple of days. Do you this there is a chance that the car might be running lean and this causes the problem? It seems more like a mis-fire now, when the car get up the revs and up to a reasonable speed the problem seems less, but when in first and second gears there seems huge flat spots? Didnt know if could be running lean with the injector cleaner running through also? Regards Gareth