Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

exhaust problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2011, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Post exhaust problems

alright i am new to being a subaru owner i have a subru impreza 2.0l sport awd year 2000 i just got the japspeed back box and back pipe non turbo i wanted to change the front end of the exhaust as well,i want all the cats at the front end of the exhaust to pass the mot i have looked everywhere on the net for a cat converter to fit my new back pipe but not the old big things and i get nothing,i keep typeing non turbo and it keeps bringing turbo exhausts up which is driveing me mad the pipe is 2.5" does any body know where i can get these bits from and have links to the web pages,thanks for reading and hopefully helping cheers

Last edited by clarke85; 28 Jun 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: exhaust problems

car should pass MOT with just one cat in place,so you can decat part of the system,trying to source a "sport"cat could be a tad hard for a non turbo model..
here's a link to a site that my come in handy if you just keep 1 cat in place :- Impreza Sport (Non-Turbo) - Subaru
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: exhaust problems

Not sure what part of the country you're in but I went to MIJ Performance in Walsall and had a center system hand made including a sports cat. These guys were really good and a fraction of the price other "hand made" systems cost.

Stainless Steel Exhausts, Custom Built Bespoke T304 Performance Exhaust Systems :: UK
Old 07 Jul 2011, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Unhappy Re: exhaust problems

I have the same issue i replaced the middle pipe and back box with a scorpion but cant fine the down pipe cat anywhere. i got a 96 sport, any other suggestions please let me know.
Offline   Reply With Quote