Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Newbie looking for advice!
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2011, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Newbie looking for advice!

Hi guys hows it goin? This is the first forum I have ever joined so this is all a bit new to me! I have joined so that I can use the superior knoledge of you guys that own a Scooby to hopefully help me with my next purchase! I have always wanted an Impreza having been the age group that grew up watching Colin McCrae and Richard Burns etc smashing up the WRC. I always said that I would own one by the time I was 25 but getting married, buying a house and having kids kind of put it on the back burner for a bit. Now at the grand old age of 30, I have started my Impreza fund and will be making a purchase as soon as I have enough dollar! Although I love cars I am not mechanically minded so my first question would be, what things do I need to look out for when choosing my scooby? Next thing is would you recomend the RB5? I love the look of this model and also the fact that it is a limited edition. It also seems to be relatively cheep (around 3500) compared to others! I have also thought about buying a cheap WRX and doing it up but obviously this can get costly and after all of the work it may not be worth as much so what do you think? This is a long term thing and I intend to pass this onto my kids when im too old as it will be a classic by then! Thanks for your time, I look forward to your input
Old 01 Jun 2011, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Newbie looking for advice!

for me i wouldnt get the the fastest or top model. mainly cause i rather set up my ride to fit me. so i wouldnt want an sti model cause of the biger engine or rims or spoiler. i rather just buy a spoiler you dont on every other sti. even with the gold rims why not just buy a set of rims you like and add them on if you buy the sti model you have to sell them and deal with those people.

i got a 2005 impreza rs with black interior not blue. the blue looks ricey to me but all the sti owners say different but put blue interior in any other car and show them the picture they will and call it rice. every time i hurd about interior in cars i was told to get leather black white or gray. blue is for ricers but not if its in a subaru

dont get me worng my rs imprezas is slow but i wouldnt give it up for a sti stock spoiler rim side skirts. but i would give it up for a turbo engine
Old 01 Jun 2011, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: Newbie looking for advice!

Hi.

Quote:
what things do I need to look out for when choosing my scooby?
This link should help. Subaru Impreza - Buying Checklist

Quote:
Next thing is would you recomend the RB5?
If you can find a very nice RB5 "in standard" not modified condition with FSH ... I would highly recommend this UK Classic.

CLOSED THREAD .... Double post "Link" Which Model?

Last edited by 2002pete; 01 Jun 2011 at 07:48 AM.
Closed Thread