Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Re-mapping my Type R....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2005, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Re-mapping my Type R....

I have but one question and I know Bob has answered it but I'm hoping I might be able to get a few more suggestions as I'm hoping to get it done very shortly indeed.

The car is in Birmingham at the moment (well, Bilston anyways) and I'm wondering is there anyone close to there (or near) that would be able to tune/tweak/re-map my ECU as I figure after all this I'm doing to it, I think it needs a re-tune

Anyone got any ideas?? Please feel free to suggest!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2005, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

I do not know anyone who maps the MY97 ECU. Think you will require the Apexi Power FC and a day with Andy Forrest. :wink:
Old 26 Jul 2005, 05:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I have mentioned it to Ivan at Foresters so hopefully he can find someone as I would like to get it done...
Old 26 Jul 2005, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to mr freeze
if your thinking of getting it mapped the apexi way make sure you get as many mods done b4 you do so you'l be saving money in the long run ..................
Old 26 Jul 2005, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

There not many more mod's I want done so its not such a problem.. Will hopefully get it mapped before it comes home.. Hopefully...
Old 26 Jul 2005, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr freeze
if your thinking of getting it mapped the apexi way make sure you get as many mods done b4 you do so you'l be saving money in the long run ..................
Totally agree.

You can buy the ScoobyECU for the earlier cars. The Apexi seems to be the one to have though (I've had one for three years now).
Old 26 Jul 2005, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I cant afford any more money for any more mod's!! Car has had enough for the moment