Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Boot Pressure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2011, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Boot Pressure

Hi all does anyone know the standard 1995 WRX saloon and wagon JDM boost pressure. Finding it a bit difficult to find this info anywhere

Cheers guys
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2011, 06:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Boot Pressure

depends what ECU you have installed, have a look under the plate under the carpet on the passenger side, when you tell us the Code on it Z4/Y3 etc we can tell you what Boost it should be.
Old 02 Mar 2011, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

The sticker on the ecu is gone do have a z4 ecu on shelf. Fitted to the car is a polar peformance chipped ecu off a wagon. It only seems to b boosting at 0.7 bar. Someone did tell me there is a way of resetting the ecu by joining plugs under dash drivers side that should b done when installing the ecu. I cant remember what this is. Odd thing is the z4 didnt seem to boost any higher. Git no boost leaks that i can find.
Old 02 Mar 2011, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Think I have found the problem. Boost gauge reading in accurately. The pipe is thicker in one part also where it has been extended. Noticed today that when the boost gauge is reading -3 vacuum the dump valve went off. If i add that to the 0.7bar boost reading this would give approx 1 bar of boost. Think I will have to alter the piping to the gauge and see if that solves the problem.
Old 05 Mar 2011, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

I'm thinking of playing around with the boost on my jdm wrx, i also thought that as the gauge was displaying a minus boost reading, like you, i thought it may be calibrated wrong and added that to the 0.7 the gauge goes to on full boost giving me a 1.0 boost pressure. But as someone here mentioned as most gauges read from the vacuum, it is naturally gonna give the minus boost as it draws a vacuum before the pressure builds up. I had a proper gauge piped in directly from the boost control valve today (which would bypass the vacuum) that my mate brought over from his garage where its used to read boost pressures on turboed cars, and on full pressure it still reads 0.7, so i think you'll find that's the pressure you have too and not 1.0.
Old 06 Mar 2011, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Yeah makes sense for the gauge reading. May change the boost manually to 0.9 bar. Dont it before but just thought i would see if it would run off the boost controller off the ecu.