Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

alarm won't disable PLZ HELP!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2005, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

alarm won't disable PLZ HELP!!

hey, i'm a newbie at the forums but i just got a 99 imprezza 2.5 RS. i've been driving it for a couple days, no problems...today i get come home, come inside, go back to the car 20 minutes later and the thing won't start. i read the manual about the security system and the ignition disabler or whatever it is but when i press the "unlock" button on my keychain remote thing, the little LED light doesn't stop. it blinks red every second. when i try to turn the car on, the LED light double blinks red and green which i think has something to do with valet mode. either way, there's the override button that aparantly you can push to disable to the alarm, but when i push it in and release it, nothing happens. the override button works to program the remotes, but it won't disable the alarm..how the hell do i get my car started!! PLEASE hELP MEE!!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2005, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Hi welcome to the site.. Check you battery is good in the first instance. A running low battery can cause problems here.

BUT alarams on the earlier scoob are known problems also.

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...ighlight=sigma

Hope this helps///

Please do keep us informed
Old 06 Jul 2005, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

im a girl and i have no clue wtf im doing

ok, so i bought a 99 impreza 2.5rs, i went inside to get some money and when i came out the damn thing wouldnt start. ive never owned a subaru and im blonde so i need to know what the **** to do so i can drive my ass to work...HELP!
Old 06 Jul 2005, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: im a girl and i have no clue wtf im doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError
ok, so i bought a 99 impreza 2.5rs, i went inside to get some money and when i came out the damn thing wouldnt start. ive never owned a subaru and im blonde so i need to know what the fcuk to do so i can drive my ass to work...HELP!
1st - check your battery is good
2nd - park somewhere different (no interference from radio mast / cell phone mast etc)
3rd - Change your alarm system

:wink:
Old 07 Jul 2005, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

the AAA guy came and tried another battery so it's not my battery...what else could it be?
Old 08 Jul 2005, 06:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to cat17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError
the AAA guy came and tried another battery so it's not my battery...what else could it be?
have you tried replacing the batteries in your key fob?
Old 02 Aug 2005, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

my MY99 scooby is currently stick in ASDA car park and cant be moved.

The batteries have been changed in fob, but the alarm wont arm, and the immobiliser wont disarm to start the car.

Car battery seems to be ok, it just wont start, Car is fitted with a Sigma m30, and I dont have the PIN code, or know what the factory default is.

Could it be the magnetic strips they use at the tills, that has wiped the key? An ideas before I go and blow some cash on something simple?

cheers
Old 02 Aug 2005, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by27
my MY99 scooby is currently stick in ASDA car park and cant be moved.

The batteries have been changed in fob, but the alarm wont arm, and the immobiliser wont disarm to start the car.

Car battery seems to be ok, it just wont start, Car is fitted with a Sigma m30, and I dont have the PIN code, or know what the factory default is.

Could it be the magnetic strips they use at the tills, that has wiped the key? An ideas before I go and blow some cash on something simple?

cheers
Probably an aerial site near by, that is usually what causes this problem.

Try pushing it to the other end of the car park

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 02 Aug 2005, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

It was under a mast, within 500 yards.

Pushed it down the road as far as I could before i collapsed, but to no avail. Rung my local dealer who rang up for the PIN code factory default and luckily it was still that one. He rung me back within 45 mins.

Drove it to dealer and he replaced and re-programmed both key fobs for a measly £34.00

Not bad, considering I was expecting to have to shell out £500+ including recovery to sort it out.

Still not very happy thought that I have to pay for the modification to the alarm to avoid antenna interference.

Thanks for the reply

Rob
Old 02 Aug 2005, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I have to admit that I don't miss the "aerial mast watchout challenge" when parking up

Sorry to hear about your problems but this is a common problem with the Sigma alarm I'm afraid :roll:
Old 12 Oct 2007, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

had the same problem with my Imprezza,changed battery in key fob tested A23 battery was 12:85vdc ok put in key fob yes the rigth way,still no joy a short some where in fob as battery voltage down too 4:8vdc pulled out asap battery warm too touch volts now 9:5vdc, this is at Nigth in the only puddle in the Car park with the Torch slowly starting too fade.so i found the immobiliser and pulled out the plug ,until i was able too start Car,of course i disconected battery in car so as not to have alarm going continuously, till i found the rigth plug..........Repairing the Key Fob going back to Sub Dealer to source another one....
Old 16 Jan 2008, 09:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

doin my head right in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300 View Post
Probably an aerial site near by, that is usually what causes this problem.

Try pushing it to the other end of the car park
hi mate am havin a bit of trouble with my scooby i have a turbo 2000 on w reg.
i drove the car home from work ran in the house for 2 min tried to open the car again and nothing is happening, i got the 4 digit code from subaru and still nothing. the alarm keeps going off so its totally immobilised. any help will be helpful cheers lloyd
Old 16 Jan 2008, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to SilverStreak Send a message via Yahoo to SilverStreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by la11en View Post
i drove the car home from work ran in the house for 2 min tried to open the car again and nothing is happening, i got the 4 digit code from subaru and still nothing. the alarm keeps going off so its totally immobilised. any help will be helpful cheers lloyd
What type of alarm/model number is it?

Scotty.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by la11en View Post
If you have a SIGMA M30 ALARM. (This link could help you)

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/bbs/sh...ad.php?t=10442