Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

got myself a tubotimer but

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2005, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

got myself a tubotimer but

but i dont know why i bothered... im alway lookin through the window waiting for the car to stop

im sure it will come in handy sometime but, i didnt expect not liking to leave my baby with the engine running ops:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2005, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I have a problem with that also. I thought I might have been able to lock the car and walk away, but that dont work either! It is a real pain, but at least it saves the turbo from going wrong
Old 28 Jun 2005, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

I have one and do not walk away from the car and leave it other than at my house or in the works secure car park (just key lock the doors). Mostly I pull up turn of the ignition, then by the time I have got out of the car with all my bits or unloaded the shopping it has turned off. It takes the guess work out and also prevents the automaticly turning the car off straightaway when you are in a rush

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 28 Jun 2005, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I do at work, leave it running, no keys in it tho Same as outside the house, its quiet round here no one really cares. Besides, I'm not far away if anything happens..
Old 28 Jun 2005, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

i still need to get used to it. i have it on auto fonction so depending on how i drive . it stays on longer or sorter.
ops: i really need to get a hang on this. today i walked away from my car only to go back to check lol
Old 28 Jun 2005, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Its something I'm ok with, prefer to have the car ticking over rather than having to replace the turbo!! I leave mine also set to auto, I figure it knows better than me!!

Just sit in the car until its nearly done.. Shouldnt cause you to many problems!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
Its something I'm ok with, prefer to have the car ticking over rather than having to replace the turbo!! I leave mine also set to auto, I figure it knows better than me!!

Just sit in the car until its nearly done.. Shouldnt cause you to many problems!
lol yeah that one way
anyhoow thats one reason i forgave installing a starter :roll:
Old 28 Jun 2005, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

They are a good thing to have.. Although I must admit the one I have got fitted, was there when I bought the car, so its not such a problem. Better than staying in the car leaving it for 1 or 2 minutes before you turn it off!! Loads easier when something knows how long it needs to stay on for!!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to BIG GRINDER!
Hi
Didn't like leaving it running at work the first morning at work. I went back an checked.
Must be a good thing cos she nomally runs for between 30 and 1:20 seconds when I get out. :wink: some mornings are quicker than others
Sitting around in the car park looking at the clock is not for me.

Kev