Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Non Impreza Related > Spam Bin (Does exactly what it says on the tin)

Subaru Impreza Forum

SATURDAY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2009, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

SATURDAY

Morning ALL
Have a great weekend
Old 03 Oct 2009, 01:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: SATURDAY

Hi there have read some of your posts and noticed your reasonably knowledgable and i was hoping you may be able to help me out please, i have just purchase my first Sub after ridding my house of mitz's, and have a problem with it, When i give it a kick in the guts and then lift my foot off the gas the engine light comes on and off and the revs drop, the fault code relates to the knocking sensor, but engine sounds sweet and everything i have read so far about knock sensor faults all relate to lack of power accelerating CHEERS
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2009, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Morning Darren, Morning all!

Quote:
Hi there have read some of your posts and noticed your reasonably knowledgable and i was hoping you may be able to help me out please, i have just purchase my first Sub after ridding my house of mitz's, and have a problem with it, When i give it a kick in the guts and then lift my foot off the gas the engine light comes on and off and the revs drop, the fault code relates to the knocking sensor, but engine sounds sweet and everything i have read so far about knock sensor faults all relate to lack of power accelerating CHEERS
Hi Mate and welcome.

If you have a problem with the knock sensor or the sensor is detecting knock (detonation) then the ECU may be running the engine in safe mode and restricting the cars perfomance. Will it rev past 4000 rpm? Most likely the knock sensor is on the way out and may need relacing. However, it is also possible that the sensor is detecting detonation. If this is the case you'll want to get that checked out as it can cause major problems if left unchecked. Also check you are using the right fuel (99 ron if poss) as this can cause detonation.
Old 03 Oct 2009, 03:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Not having any problem getting the revs up all its only when i back off, and had an inspection done on the car before i bought it and motor was sweet just had the engine light coming on and my mechanic said this is common and to get the dealer to change the knock sensor out as thats what the fault code indicator and the car dealer said he did this, and still had trouble and ECU out to be check came back ok and they put it back together and she ran sweet for two days
Old 03 Oct 2009, 03:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Check the knock sensor isn't loose, or even too tight, as this may effect the sensitivity of the sensor. If it is still faulty then as I said you're sensor may well be doing it's job and detecting knock. If it is needs checking asap.
Old 03 Oct 2009, 03:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

If it was knocking would i be able to hear it, what sort of sound would it be and it does this everytime i can make it do it, its not random
Old 03 Oct 2009, 03:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Sorry i other thin i live in New Zealand and this car was recently imported from Japan just to give you all the info
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You wouldn't necessarily be able to hear it. What you can do is get a long screwdriver, place the tip on the engine block and the handle to the ear and see if you can hear anything, or get a mechanic to check for noise for you.
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks mate will have to get it off to my mechanic on monday will try the fuel have fulled the tank as it still had the fuel in from when it was imported, if this was to make a difference how long or how many kms before i should notice it and will i need to reset the ECU or will it clear itself as engine light is not on at the moment on comes on when i take my foot off the pedal
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Fuels probably been in there a while, and petrol can 'go off' and probably isn't helping, so new fuel would be a good idea. Reset would be a good idea too.
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks for all your help will give that a go fingers crossed but i am going to check the knock sensor to see if its not to tight and if it was actually replaced as you recommended THANKS again Owen .
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Morning Wayne

Morning all

Like my uncle Bryn and cousin Nesa would say.... "what's occuring"?

Watching GP qualifying... on the BBC... at present

Off to get new ECU today... Bob Rawle installing a SIM TEK with dual maps etc

Should be an interesting day... Brumbrum will be assisting with camera duties.... we have got our passports to leave Wales... we are both out on 'Licence' for the weekend

It's raining here at present... first rain in three weeks Reservoirs in the Brecon Beacons National Park are down to about 2/3 of normal levels... amazing how quick they fall

Have good un

Nobby
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Morning Dean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby248 View Post

Off to get new ECU today... Bob Rawle installing a SIM TEK with dual maps etc

Should be an interesting day... Brumbrum will be assisting with camera duties.... we have got our passports to leave Wales... we are both out on 'Licence' for the weekend

Best of luck mate. Bet you can't wait to finally reap the rewards. Look forward to the vid.

Will be watching qualifying myself I think. Could be rain and even a bit of lightning today but the forecast for race day is cool (24 degrees and overcast) and dry.
Old 03 Oct 2009, 04:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Morning Dean!

Best of luck mate. Bet you can't wait to finally reap the rewards. Look forward to the vid.

Will be watching qualifying myself I think. Could be rain and even a bit of lightning today but the forecast for race day is cool (24 degrees and overcast) and dry.
Hi and thanks Wayne... it's been a rocky road... to the summit... but now near the top... will make a full school report with Andrew to keep everyone chuckling

Been so hard keeping off boost... think my right calf muscle will go pop if I have to wait any longer
Old 03 Oct 2009, 05:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby248 View Post
Been so hard keeping off boost... think my right calf muscle will go pop if I have to wait any longer
Oh, but you know It's gonna be worth the wait. It's gonna be a totally different car.

Qualifying just starting. Button can wrap up the title tomorrow. Pole would be a good start.

GOOD LUCK JENSON.

Last edited by rikimaru; 03 Oct 2009 at 05:05 AM.