Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > Newbies - Say Hello Here

Subaru Impreza Forum

Hi, new member with lots of questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2007, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question Hi, new member with lots of questions

Hi everyone,
As a new member I am hoping to gain more knowledge about ownership of my scooby classic and to share any knowledge with others as I gain more know how.
I have a question and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this one. I've got a 2000 Classic Impreza which i've had for 7 months and no problems with it until now. It started mis-firing a few weeks ago and since then it has developed into quite a bad vibration particularly at high speed. I've now changed the HT leads to competition ones and the plugs to iridium which has helped in that it is not mis-firing as badly and seems to have more power. However the car has always been noisy because of the 4 inch de-cat exhaust system right through and the noise level has got worse as well. This was the reason for changing the leads and plugs. The noise is still very bad and the car is shaking all the time even at tick over. I did cover up the exhaust and there was no noise from the car at all. Presumably the car has been re-mapped because of the de-cat exhaust (not sure about this) and thought this might have something to do with it. I've had the car looked at by a mechanic I know and he says that he can find nothing wrong mechanically and the engine seems sound. Can anyone help with diagnosing this problem. Many thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2007, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Possibly maf sensor?