Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Meetings and Events / International Happenings > National Meetings and Track Days

Subaru Impreza Forum

SOUTHERN BIG ONE 07 - first call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2006, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

SOUTHERN BIG ONE 07 - first call

Dear all,

Please make an informative sentence from the following:

BITTEN THAN OFF CHEW MORE CAN I !

Right then down to business, I have somewhat stupidly publicly declared my suicidal wish to organise a Southern Big One in 2007 I really need your help (yes all of you hiding will not help you; I will find you in the end). Unfortunately I didnt attend the 05 event so I am going into this blind.

I have recently picked up the mantle of Hampshire Regional Organiser from Terry Buckle (terrybeast) and would like to try and put together an event as good as his. As you can imagine this is going to take a lot of work and I am going to need as much support and advice as I can take as this is a huge undertaking.

At this stage this is just an initial heads up to let you know that someone will be taking this forward as long as you have no objections but any offers of help or support you could possible give me would be greatly appreciated.

As before this will be a Scooby only event of massive proportions and hope to build on the success of the SBO 05 that Terry organised. I have emailed all the SIDC regional organisers and this post or one very like is going on SIDC, Scoobynet, Subaru-impreza.org and hampshiresubaru. Can members of other sites please spread the word around or copy this post onto the site please and report the comments back (Im not a member of all of them)

I need the following from you at this stage:

Locations Any ideas for sites, bearing in mind the need to park the cars, feed the people and give everyone something to do other than stand in a car park for 8 hours. Would the same location be good or would it be better elsewhere? Geographical location and transport links are important too, central south being the best area if possible.

Dates I know its early but are there any dates that we already know about that we need to avoid? Was the last event at a good time of the year (3rd July 05) should it be earlier/later in the year?

Tips/Problems What did you like about the 05 event and more importantly what did you dislike.

Trade stands good mix/balance? What do you want what dont you want?

Catering not sure what was there at the last one, can someone fill me in? Was the provision of food ok? (I understand that there were no BBQs if these could be provided safely would this be desirable)

Events/Entertainment do we need or want any, if so what? (Do we have any chainsaw wielding naked juggling acts in the Scooby universe?)

Anyone have any special or useful skills that they could offer to make this a great day out.

Get your thinking caps on so we can make this next years must do Scooby event in the south.

Cheers all

Now for the grumpy bit:

DO NOT START A LIST YET
DO NOT POST YEAH, GOOD IDEA, COUNT ME IN ETC,ETC
I just need some help and info and if we start down that road all the good ideas and comment will get buried under pages and pages of shite

PS for those of you who dont know me I was the guy at Alton in the ScoobyDoo hat, JDM STI 7 S16ARU. Stop and say hi if you see me out and about
Old 12 Sep 2006, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Was not at the last one but you need to avoid the School holidays as people away, road busier than usual at weekend etc.
So I would say June or early July, ensuring it does not clash with any Jap style shows.

Defo want to cater for the family, keep kids amused.......
Kids happy = Happy parents
Trade stands are important in fact the more attractions the bigger the crowd. (usually)

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2006, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd
beulieu?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via AIM to RossD
Beulieu would be cool its never been done i think
Old 12 Sep 2006, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Trouble with Beulieu is cost I think. The MG owners tried there but I think they wanted £40 a car

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 12 Sep 2006, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via AIM to RossD
beulieu had a autojumble last weekend and the were charging £15 per car i think?
i`ll ask at work were they have the vw events?
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

if you can find the right location you might be able to get some of the big boys to come down and do a bit of a mini showcase aka some of the bigger drag cars like scooby clinic andyf etc, possible i might add ad if they are willing.

mybe even try to pursuade someone like russ swift as well.

these are a big ifs but possible options
Old 13 Sep 2006, 04:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via AIM to ScoobywagonGL Send a message via MSN to ScoobywagonGL Send a message via Yahoo to ScoobywagonGL
I went to the one in 05 It was a good day out, and very well organised I would say. I think Terry B had a lot to do with it
Old 14 Sep 2006, 11:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Why not try Child Beale, Pangebourne as per last event... camping facilities if needed I think, access to park also... Terry B organised it, why not contact him to find out more, plus it was only £5.00 per car.....
Old 18 Sep 2006, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Probably looking at the same venue Trica, important that this is a family day out not another motorsport event.
Old 06 Nov 2006, 02:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

the 05 was brilliant and well organised so good luck